HDI 90 Coolant warning lights keep coming on - scooterboy
51 reg 307 has only done 50k miles, the temperature gauge has hardly ever moved off zero from new . Last week it started to suddenly move right off the dial (not incrementally) and the cooling warning light comes on the dispaly and the red stop lights flash. There appears to be absolutely nothing wrong with it, the header tank level is normal, no steam, no water loss, the electric fan (s) are tripped in , radiator and pipes all feel fine. Car restarts fine sometimes it will run for a while before doing it again sometimes it does it straight away. Yesterday I drove 40 miles no problem, and halfway back it did it again. I presume some sort of sensor , but grateful for any help, Kind regards
HDI 90 Coolant warning lights keep coming on - Screwloose

Coolant temp sensor or a sticking thermostat; there's not enough accurate detail to tell which.
HDI 90 Coolant warning lights keep coming on - mfarrow
there's not enough accurate detail to tell which.

Thermostat problem wouldn't give an instant rise over and above the red zone, nor come back down instantly on a restart.

I'd guess it'd be a connection somewhere, probably on the sensor itself.
--------------
Mike Farrow
HDI 90 Coolant warning lights keep coming on - scooterboy
thanks, any idea where the sensor is located ? I hope the bumper doesn't have to come off