Choice: Mitsubishi Colt 1.1CZI or Fiesta Studio ? - Claybuster
Contemplating buying a Mitsubishi Colt 1.1CZI or Ford Fiesta 1.25 Studio for SWMBO, any backroomers got pro/cons advice.? Cost about the same for "cost to change"
Thanks
Claybuster
s
Choice: Mitsubishi Colt 1.1CZI or Fiesta Studio ? - carl_a
I've had a Fiesta as a hire car and own a Colt CZ1, the Fiesta has a bigger boot and good room all round, the Colt has slightly better room in the cabin but a smaller boot. Engine wise I've not tried the 1.25 just the tractor like 1.4 TDCI but the Colt 1.1 is fantastic, my last fill I averaged 61 MPG brim to brim, I filled up after 620 miles and the trip computer recons I still had 50 miles of fuel left. Fiesta is let down by poor footwell space, seatbelt adjustment, and what used to be a poor dashboard (much improvee in recent face lift), the Colt is let down by poor dealers and a dreadful UK HQ.
Choice: Mitsubishi Colt 1.1CZI or Fiesta Studio ? - LinuxGeek
I've had Colt as a courtesy car for a week and I did 1100 miles during that week in the car and loved it! Its roomy, comfy, good MPG and fun to drive.
Haven't driven Fiesta so can't comment on that.
Choice: Mitsubishi Colt 1.1CZI or Fiesta Studio ? - Bill Payer
Are you buying new, and would it be 3 or 5 door Colt? (we have a CZ1 5dr)
5 door, wife likes the look of it, chopping in a 3 dr Fiesta, can't get used to the 3 doors.
Choice: Mitsubishi Colt 1.1CZI or Fiesta Studio ? - bintang
We've had our basic Colt for nearly two years. Plenty of room, comfortable, noisy 3-pot engine till it settles down to cruising, poor rear vision, driver legroom restricted if folding reas seats fully down, good mpg, pretty good deal all round.
Choice: Mitsubishi Colt 1.1CZI or Fiesta Studio ? - tintin01
Colts are still on offer for £6k at some dealers. They were doing a 3 year free servicing pack for £150 a while ago, but this may have finished.
We have a 5dr CZ1 with a/c in solid red for £7500. Missed out on the £150 servicing deal, but it is still on.

I think it's excellent value for money - we also have a Jazz, and the solidity and fit and finish difference *is* apparent, but then the Jazz would cost £3K more. The Colt rides a lot better than the Jazz though - perhaps because the Colt is a bit more flexible, where the Jazz is hewn from a solid block!
The 3cyl engine is fine - It ran us (4people, and 3 people's bags) to the airport at 70'ish' quite happily, and the engine is fine around town (where the 3cyl engine in our Ibiza is juddery and horrible at low speed).

I find the gear change a little 'baulky' but other than that it's been fine in the 6 mths we've had it, so have no experience of the dealer, but the sales process and collection was all good.
I'm looking at the 1.1CZI in metallic with aircon, as previous posts, chopping in a 3 door Fiesta silver, only 6 months old but just cannot stand the 3 doors anymore, I'm getting a half decent deal from a Ford dealer against a 5 dr Fiesta, but wife likes the look of the Colt, but in view of some of the posts about prices not sure if the deal is as good. Dithering time, hence the posts!!
Choice: Mitsubishi Colt 1.1CZI or Fiesta Studio ? - retgwte
looked at a suzuki swift? or Perodua myvi?

As you're an existing Honda owner, why don't you just get a Jazz? I never cease to be impressed by ours - I'm sure it will last forever (I'm touching wood now). It's 4 yrs old and it's apparently still worth more or less what the Colt would cost new.
Cost to change too much against the Honda!!
Choice: Mitsubishi Colt 1.1CZI or Fiesta Studio ? - bintang
I should have mentioned that the boot is small for such a roomy car (I supppose this is why). Also that the sound system is good.
Choice: Mitsubishi Colt 1.1CZI or Fiesta Studio ? - Avant
Here's something I posted back in January this year which you might find helpful. There are some other good comments on this thread "Mitsubishi Colt - impressions" which I started on 13 January.

This might be useful for anyone thinking of a 'city-size' car.

My B-class is in to have the results of a small prang taken out, and the courtesy car provided by the repairers is a Colt 'Red'. I know that as it says 'RED' on each flank: I had thought this was to aid the colour-blind, but it seems that this is a special edition of the basic 3-door 1.1.

It's a frisky little Colt - very lively and nippy around town although the 3-cylinder (petrol) engine is no less noisy than the diesel Mercedes, although it's a more pleasant whirring noise than the diesel drone. Not bad on motorways - still some oomph left at 70 mph.

Ride, handling and steering very good - not quite an instantly responsive as a Ford Ka but getting that way, and the seats are more comfortable. It's well-equipped for a basic model too - remote central locking, one-touch electric windows both sides, a CD player and a trip computer.

Personally I wouldn't have the 3-door - the big doors are a pain in car parks and garages and the seat-belt is an almighty stretch. The 5-door version wouldn't have this problem and is well worth a look - the main recommendation being that although I'm used to bigger and more powerful cars, I'm really enjoying driving this one - as I do every time I drive a Ford Ka.
Choice: Mitsubishi Colt 1.1CZI or Fiesta Studio ? - tack
Colt, Colt, Colt. Excellent fit and finish, zippy 1.1 3 cyl engine, bags of room for pax, though boot is smallish. Steering feels a bit lifeless, but hey it ain't trying to be a Ferrari. I'd rather that than a Dagenham Dustbin. (oops, there's a phrase going back to the 70's)
though boot is smallish.

The back seat slides though - so you can choose your own ratio between rear seat leagroom and boot space.
Choice: Mitsubishi Colt 1.1CZI or Fiesta Studio ? - tack
3 or 5 door?

I was willing to sacrifice substance for style on this occasion (well....for the wife actually) I think it looks great in 3 door, but slightly.....er.....old personish (Agila comes to mind for some reason) in 5 door. I appreciate you need arms like a baboon to get the seatbelt, but wife is a Yoga freak and very supple......nice eh?