What is life like with your car? Let us know and win £500 in John Lewis vouchers | No thanks
03 1.4 tdci loss of power, air lock possibly ? - mhobb
my fiesta o3plate tdci 1.4 coming home the power totally went now when i start it up it seems there is a air lock im putting a new fuel filter in to see if this will cure it reading the comments ive seen here it could be may be ECU problem,can you help please defiantly fuel starvation
Subject line tweaked to show engine rather than electrical faliure -PU
power failure 03 tdci - Screwloose
it seems there is a air lock

Highly unlikely on a common-rail. What's it actually doing? Is the MIL light on?
power failure 03 tdci - mhobb
MIL light on when its running theres only 1 light on thats the fuel light its got nearly 2 gallons in , i noticed when i got the the air filter holder off and starting pumping there was alot of air bubbles going to the fuel filter maybe one of the lines is faulty , the old diesels where easy to fix but these are pressurised whats your advice mick
03 1.4 tdci loss of power, air lock possibly ? - mhobb
what are you saying theres a faulty line , does it mean renewing the lines from tank to the pump
03 1.4 tdci loss of power, air lock possibly ? - Screwloose

Yes; these are nothing like the old diesels and they are frighteningly easy to catastrophically damage by fiddling.

With only around 2 gallons left; have you considered that the fuel gauge may be lying?