'97 MK2 Rear door won't unlock. - carl233
A strange problem seems to have occurred on my 1997 MK2 Mondeo. One of the rear doors seems to have gone into double locking mode. It will not open from the inside or outside. The handle moves from the inside as if it is "double locking" mode in a way that it seems to be disabled.

All the other three doors unlock and lock fine with the remote and when using the key. As the troubled door is unable to be opened I do not seem to be in a position to strip it down or examine the mechanism etc. Any help would be much appreciated.
s
'97 MK2 Rear door won't unlock. - carl233
Not to worry I will post on the Mondeo owners club site.
'97 MK2 Rear door won't unlock. - ems1984
did you ever get this fixed, I'm having the same problem with my '99 mondeo.
'97 MK2 Rear door won't unlock. - Amazing Moosehead
I had this problem: rear door deadlocked and childlocked and not responding to the central locking with either the key or the fob. Tried removing the fuse - no joy.

I first took apart the working door to see what I was dealing with. Then, on the malfunctioning door, I took to the interior door card with a screwdriver and a stanley knife and managed to remove the centre part of it. Behind this I cut through the foam so I could see into the door.

Now the clever bit. First I unplugged the electrics from the lock. Using a small mirror stuck with blu-tack to the back of the door and a tiny LED torch so I could see what I was doing, I took a welding wire bent to the right shape and poked it into the slot at the back of the lock.
There is a tiny wheel shaped component inside the lock which is pale yellow. Turning this a bit (it has a little lug on it that sticks out) undoes the deadlock. I could then open the door from the outside. Ta Da !

All I need now is a new door card and a new lock. I might try mending the door card as I made a neat job of cutting a hole in it.

I did notice that the inside of both doors was gopping wet.