Has anyone got a new (mk4) Mondeo 2.0TDCi? - dodo
Very tempted to replace the C Max with a new Mondeo 2.O TdCi Zetec estate. Just wondering if anyone has had a prolonged experience of the car and would it be a better buy than the equivalent S Max. I don't need 7 seats and the new C Max doesn't ring my bell. Just thought a new Mondeo estate in black with chrome roof rails, privacy glass and 18" alloys looks a nice change.

S
Has anyone got a new (mk4) Mondeo 2.0TDCi? - injection doc
Its a very nice looking car. Spring time next year will see the mondeo 2.2twin turbo launched with approx 180 bhp, PSA unit so its got to be good. May be worth a wait
Has anyone got a new (mk4) Mondeo 2.0TDCi? - boxsterboy
Spring time next year will see the mondeo 2.2twin
turbo launched with approx 180 bhp PSA unit so its got to be good. May
be worth a wait

Especially with the autobox.
Has anyone got a new (mk4) Mondeo 2.0TDCi? - Brian Tryzers
Anyone tried the three boosters trick in the back of a new Mondeo yet? It doesn't have the near-vertical sides or three independent seats of the S-Max but there's ample head- and leg-room for one of me (6'5") to sit behind another. The estate's boot is especially impressive - low floor, high sides and very few intrusions.

Both Mondeo and S-Max are very big cars, though. You'd have to be sure you needed the extra space to be sure you could put up with the extra size. That said, I found the S-Max very wieldy in heavy traffic and easy to reverse-park for something so bulky.
Has anyone got a new (mk4) Mondeo 2.0TDCi? - barchettaman
Mondeo estate is even wider than the Smax/Galaxy.
Has anyone got a new (mk4) Mondeo 2.0TDCi? - a900ss
Mondeo estate is even wider than the Smax/Galaxy.

But that is really splitting hairs!!!

Mondeo is 1886mm wide vs 1884mm for the S-Max. However if you also include mirrors, the Galaxy/S-Max are wider than the S-Max, 2154mm vs 2078mm.

Either way, the Mondeo is a large car and can easily have 3 child seats due to the width, the only thing that could stop 3 seats accross is how the seat cushions are positioned.

Good Luck
Has anyone got a new (mk4) Mondeo 2.0TDCi? - Brian Tryzers
>...the Mondeo is a large car and can easily have 3 child seats due to the width, the only thing that could stop 3 seats across is how the seat cushions are positioned.

Which was my point, really (except that it's more to do with the seat belt buckles than the seats themselves: the boosters may go in but you can't reach the buckles to fasten the belts.) Plenty of big cars look as if they ought to be wide enough for three boosters abreast, but I've yet to find (admittedly in a rather small sample) a non-MPV that will actually take them. You really don't know till you try.
Has anyone got a new (mk4) Mondeo 2.0TDCi? - boxsterboy
Plenty of big cars look as if they ought to
be wide enough for three boosters abreast but I've yet to find (admittedly in a
rather small sample) a non-MPV that will actually take them. You really don't know till
you try.

We had a C3 courtesy car the other day, and got 3 child seats in the back!! It can be done. The seats we have are Volvo child seats where the backrests can be detached when the child grows and only needs a booster. The seats are only as wide as they need to be, unlike many on the market.
Has anyone got a new (mk4) Mondeo 2.0TDCi? - cheddar
The 2.2 is a version of the 2.0, in the development release there were three versions of the 2.2 quoted, 175bhp twin turbo (407, C5 etc), 150 bhp single turbo (Freelander) and 175 bhp single turbo variable vane, rumour has it is that Ford may use the latter for packaging reasons and because it fits better with their approch to particulates which differs from PSA. The power and torque of the two 175bhp engines was quoted as the same.