What is life like with your car? Let us know and win £500 in John Lewis vouchers | No thanks
Fully Chromed Up PUG SW - tack
I used to see this old guy in the local high street driving a Lada which was covered in red "go faster stripes" and huge fog lamps on the front. When I say old, I mean he must be in his 70's, trilby hat, tartan blanket on the parcel shelf etc. He has now upgraded his car to a Pug 407SW in that delightful met' blue. My goodness! he has covered the thing in chrome strips, along the doors, bumbers, on the bonnet, hatch etc. There is more chrome than paint! Honest, I swear! His line of sight must be dodgy 'cos they are all on skew-wiff. And, he had pulled the fogs fom the Lada and put them on the Pug. Bless his cotton socks, the "Old'Boy Racer" Next thing is I will see him burning rubber in the local B&Q car park at midnight.......I'm gonna check it out!
Fully Chromed Up PUG SW - MichaelR
You don't happen to live in Plymouth, do you?
Fully Chromed Up PUG SW - bell boy
just a shame he used such an ugly mota to use
Fully Chromed Up PUG SW - dxp55
great stuff - chrome tape and chequered tape -- my go faster mods from the late 60s- early 70's - twas the only mods we could afford - nice to hear of someone who still has a stock left. - the other mod was painting steel wheels with four silver bands from hub out to make them look like alloy wheels - it worked then but I know it doesn't work now. - innocence of youth :-))

dave
Fully Chromed Up PUG SW - bell boy
. - the other mod was painting
steel wheels with four silver bands from hub out to make them look like alloy
wheels

to make them look like rostyles ?
s

Fully Chromed Up PUG SW - Vansboy
just a shame he used such an ugly mota to use

Don't agree - not keen on the big mouth - cars grille, not you BellBoy!!

Wonder if the owner used to ride a Vespa or Lambretta, with lights n mirrors & Tiger tails, along Brighton sea front.

VB
Fully Chromed Up PUG SW - Collos25
The chequered tape used to be worth about 5mph on my 70 mini van
Fully Chromed Up PUG SW - mike hannon
Got a phone camera or similar technology, Tack? I'd love to see the Pug.
Fully Chromed Up PUG SW - boxsterboy
If this is what he has done to his car, I shudder to think what his living room must look like!!
Fully Chromed Up PUG SW - Old Navy
Beats me why people fit noisy exhausts that look like waste paper baskets attached to the rear of their cars. A screw driver through the silencer is cheaper and just as effective.
Fully Chromed Up PUG SW - tack
Got a phone camera or similar technology Tack? I'd love to see the Pug.

Never thought of it, even tho' I had my phone with me. I will snap it next time. I won't ask him to pose as he might get all his old posse on me with their zimmer frames.
Fully Chromed Up PUG SW - Sofa Spud
One thing I never understood was those chrome strips to go round door edges - surely shutlines are not something to be emphasised except perhaps on a warehouse!
Fully Chromed Up PUG SW - mike hannon
Cheers for that :-)
When in UK recently I spotted a 'pimped' black Lexus covered in chrome. I never thought they really existed. Reckon the Pug must look better...
Fully Chromed Up PUG SW - burpie
Lots of food for thought here:

www.barryboys.co.uk