What is life like with your car? Let us know and win £500 in John Lewis vouchers | No thanks
MPG data - Honda Accord 2.0 auto 93-98 - OAP
Is there a web site where one can enter the make and model of a particular car and thereby find out the MPG which the manufacturer claims for same?

The car which I have in mind is a Honda Accord (UK) 1993-1998 2.0i S Auto.

Subject line tweaked to reflect question - left in discussion for now - PU
MPG data - Honda Accord 2.0 auto 93-98 - Pugugly {P}
tinyurl.com/2tmq43

Some Googling found this for you should have the answer in the text.
MPG data - Honda Accord 2.0 auto 93-98 - OAP
Well done that man.....thank-you.
MPG data - Honda Accord 2.0 auto 93-98 - R75
I have a 1997 2.0i Auto, but it is the Aerodeck. I can tell you that the best I have ever had is 32.8mpg the worst is 25.8mpg and most of the time it is between 28-29mpg. These figures are based on full to full tanks since I have had the car, which was since last November, purchased with 94k and now has 101k.

HTH
MPG data - Honda Accord 2.0 auto 93-98 - Andy P
Just for info - the fuel cinsumption figures are not the manufacturer's claims but the results of putting the vehicle through the official fuel consumption test procedure according to EU directive 80/1286/EEC.

Urban cycle
The urban test cycle is carried out in a laboratory at an ambient temperature of 20°C to 30°C on a rolling road from a cold start, i.e. the engine has not run for several hours. The cycle consists of a series of accelerations, steady speeds, decelerations and idling. Maximum speed is 31 mph (50 km/h), average speed 12 mph (19 km/h) and the distance covered is 2.5 miles (4 km). The cycle is shown as Part One in the diagram below.

Extra-urban cycle
This cycle is conducted immediately following the urban cycle and consists of roughly half steady-speed driving and the remainder accelerations, decelerations, and some idling. Maximum speed is 75 mph (120 km/h), average speed is 39 mph (63 km/h) and the distance covered is 4.3 miles (7 km). The cycle is shown as Part Two in the diagram below.

Combined Fuel Consumption Figure
The combined figure presented is for the urban and the extra-urban cycle together. It is therefore an average of the two parts of the test, weighted by the distances covered in each part.
MPG data - Honda Accord 2.0 auto 93-98 - jc2
Nearly right.That is the emission test.The fuel consumption is run to the same cycle but without the cold start.On the emission test,the engine temperature must be between 20 and 30deg.c and within 2 deg. of ambient air temperature and the engine must not have been run for a minimum of six hours and a maximum of 48.
MPG data - Honda Accord 2.0 auto 93-98 - flunky
Nearly right.That is the emission test.The fuel consumption is run to the same cycle but
without the cold start.

That's a bit cheeky, most 'urban cycle' driving will be with a cold start, short journeys to the supermarket or whatever. My car does 25mpg (30mpg at about 80mph), but well under 20mph on those 1-2 mile journeys in urban conditions.
MPG data - Honda Accord 2.0 auto 93-98 - jc2
Nevertheless that is the law and it is the same for all manufacturers.