What is life like with your car? Let us know and win £500 in John Lewis vouchers | No thanks
Headlamp bulb recommendation - GroovyMucker
In December I replaced my headlamp bulbs when the LHS one blew. The replacements are H7 Osram Silverstar 50% which were, as promised, significantly brighter.

The LHS one has gone again.

Is it likely there's a fault causing the same bulb to blow, or is it coincidence? The car is a 2000 Accord.

And what bulb is recommended for longevity and brightness?

Cheers.
00 Honda Accord - Headlamp bulb recommendation - Mylor
Most modern bulbs should last much longer than that. Something is causing the bulb to blow, the fact that it is the near side would perhaps indicate that as you splash through puddles more on this side you may be getting water on the terminals causing a short and blowing the bulb.
Check that any rubber boot is properly in place and able to keep water out of the bulb terminal.
The other option could be loose terminal wires or loose earth which might cause shorts and the demise of your bulbs.
00 Honda Accord - Headlamp bulb recommendation - John S
Stick with standard H7. They already use Xenon technology and from comments on this forum, and in my experience, the high brightness ones produce no significant improvement and don't always last very long.

JS
00 Honda Accord - Headlamp bulb recommendation - Chuckie888
I have the OSRAM Silverstars in my Accord and find they usually last 18 months. Try another one and see if lasts any longer than the present one. If not you have a problem.
00 Honda Accord - Headlamp bulb recommendation - GroovyMucker
Thanks for the advice. There have been other electrical gremlins and I suspect it may be water getting where it shouldn't.

I do like the bulbs.

Cheers all.
00 Honda Accord - Headlamp bulb recommendation - Peter D
Check the reflector unit is not loose and popped off it's adjusters as that shakes the bulb filament over bumbs. Also check the shock absorber is not failing and tight. Bounce test side to side comparison. Regards Peter