What is life like with your car? Let us know and win £500 in John Lewis vouchers | No thanks
White stick kept in the boot? - Stuartli
I think I now know the reason for the way some people drive...:-)

tinyurl.com/34xaot
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
What\'s for you won\'t pass you by
White stick kept in the boot? - Mr Tickle
If someone were to invent a braille steering wheel, would that help? Perhaps I'm missing something.

Mr. T.
White stick kept in the boot? - L'escargot
Blindness must be one of the worst disabilities anyone can have. Cars can be modified to cope with almost any disability of the driver except blindness. If ever I go blind I might well be tempted to get a passenger to guide me. What pleasure is left if you can't drive?
--
L\'escargot.
White stick kept in the boot? - jc2
You can be registered blind in the UK and still be entitled to a driving license.
White stick kept in the boot? - Armitage Shanks {p}
Well you can drink, for one, and you can spend time with your partner.
White stick kept in the boot? - rtj70
I recall a story of someone who had their dog barking to guide them.

One thing we shouldn't forget though, someone who is registered blind might have some vision. I wouldn't want them driving near me but they might be able to see a little.

Maybe there needs to be more transport help for the blind because blindness itself affects quality of life so much - e.g. certain number of free taxis journeys per month?. Yes it will cost but not as mcu has some ailments might cost to treat. Any one of us might need this type of support one day. Hope not but you never know :-(

My suggestion at least is motoring/transport related.

White stick kept in the boot? - Stuartli
I live on Merseyside. Apart from the fact that more than 57,000 people aged 60 or more (including men) already have a free travel pass for buses, trains and ferries, those with a permanent disability in one of the seven categories defined in the Transport Act 2000 also qualify for a travel pass.

My wife has had a disabled travel pass since she was 53 - it entitles her to travel at any time. Normal free passes cannot be used during the early morning rush hour from 6-30am to 9-30am, which is fair enough.

However, this is better than up to a few years ago, when the evening rush hour was also included.
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
What\'s for you won\'t pass you by
White stick kept in the boot? - Aprilia
I think a blind guy did this in the UK in 2005 or 2006? He was an Iraqi chap who'd been blinded and was driving the car with his mate giving instructions.
White stick kept in the boot? - Lud
Yes Aprilia. I remember sympathising with him too. No damage done.