What is life like with your car? Let us know and win £500 in John Lewis vouchers | No thanks
W203 Mercedes - the old model - paul2007
Is there any brand new models that are heavily discounted still available?

I had a w203 in 2001 and the front tyre on the passenger side wore out quickly and MB could never fix the problem and i sold up. Is the problem still there on the last lot of 1203's?

Thank you.
W203 Mercedes - the old model - Bill Payer
MB stopped making the old model ages ago, so there won't be many (if any) around now.

Many MB models, and especially the W203, are very camber sensitive, so in the UK they will tend to drift left. Drive on a right hand cambered road (like a motorway contraflow) and they'll drift right. My W203 does it.
MB's also tend to wear the outside edges of the front tyres - different thories about this; some say all RWD cars do this (and wear the rears in the centres), others think it's because MB have a tight turning circle, which tends to scrub the tyres.
W203 Mercedes - the old model - boxsterboy
I found that I used to have to have the tracking on my C270 checked regularly to prevent premature wear on the front shoulders. I think our 'wonderful' roads and speed humps tend to knock the tracking out easier than on other cars, but don't ask me why.
W203 Mercedes - the old model - paul2007
Thank you both.
Tracking will nearly always be out and costs 40/50 pounds.
O always buy non directional tyres, swap the from around every 6 months and then have then taken off the rims and turned around and then swap.
I read about the problems and the camber pull i got used to but throwing money away on tyres is not good.

thanks you - just hope the new c class is better