What is life like with your car? Let us know and win £500 in John Lewis vouchers | No thanks
Changing A 1998 Ford Fiesta Headlight - Steve306
Hi everyone,

Ive been searching the web for hours trying to find an answer for this but ive found nothing so I thought I owuld sign up to a few forums to se eif anyone could help.

I need to change the passenger side headlight bulb on my 1998 ford fiesta zetec 1.25. It turns on to parking light OK but when I turn it up to my main driving lights it stays on the parking light. If I switch on full beam then it works OK.

Ive bought a new driving light bulb but I cant for the life of me figure out how to get to the headlight housing as there is all sorts of engine chassis and tubes etc in the way.

Does any one know how it is done as I am going to be doing a long night drive on Thursday and I want to get it sorted before then.

By the way the drivers side headlight still works fine.

Thanks in advance if anyone can help!!

Steve
Changing A 1998 Ford Fiesta Headlight - bell boy
open bonnet
grab the front grill at both ends ,pull straight up to remove it
undo the two headlidht fasteners that the grille attached to
undo the headlight fastener on the slam panel next to the wing (not the one actually on the headlight or it will go out of alignement)
now hold the headlight and pull it slightly to the left in relation to the bumper so that the alignement pin that slides into the lower wing panel comes out
you now have a gap of two inches to waggle your fingers in to remove the loom clip,you will probably need a screwdriver to unclip it with
replacement as they say
one other thing ,you must make sure that the loom clip goes back on with a satisfactory click or the lights do all sorts of weird things as it waggles itself off as you drive

alternate way to do the light is to remove the 4 philips screws in the airbox top,remove the iat wire on top of the box remove the worm drives that go to the airflow meter and pull the top of the airbox off,this normally gets caught on the battery though so you take the battery out then need the radio code

ok?
Changing A 1998 Ford Fiesta Headlight - Steve306
Hey!
Thanks for the reply!

I followed your instructions and it worked first time!

Thanks so much!! Thats saved me a few quid instead of getting the garage to do it!

Cheers!