What is life like with your car? Let us know and win £500 in John Lewis vouchers | No thanks
'00 Honda Accord - Radio removal - David Horn
How on earth do you remove the standard fit radio in a 2000 Honda Accord? I can't see any screwholes or "poking" points, and the trim doesn't come off to reveal anything either. It's a Bose system, but I'm plonking my Sony in there because I can't bear to go back to tapes.

Cheers,

David.
'00 Honda Accord - Radio removal - elekie&a/c doctor
Access to the radio requires the removal of the complete plastic fascia panel.There are 3 screws on the "arch" above the instruments the rest of the panel is clipped around its perimeter .You will need to disconnect the electrical plugs to the various switches in the panel(hazard,fog etc).Once this is removed the complete radio and climate panel can be unscrewed from the dash and seperated from the metal support brackets.I am assuming it has climate control if you have a Bose stereo.If you are fitting a different radio/cd then adaptor leads will be required.The Bose system has non Iso fittings.hth
Ah. Oh dear. Well, much that I enjoy ripping things apart, plastic fittings always snap off around me so it looks like I'll be enjoying the Bose system a bit longer. I might drop into the local dealer and find out how much they'll charge to swap it over, especially since I can't find an adapter for the Bose fittings anywhere. Bleedin' Honda and their innovation.

Many thanks,

David.
Second dozy question of the week - whereabouts in the boot should I be looking to see if it has the CD changer bus lead pre-fitted? All the trim is fairly tightly fastened down and I'd prefer to know which side to prise up before I start poking around. It appears impossible to swap out the head unit without seriously damaging the wiring loom. Just looking in the boot I can see two amplifiers stamped with "Bose" and a multitude of cables leading to them.