What is life like with your car? Let us know and win £500 in John Lewis vouchers | No thanks
Honda CRV 2007 - mal
Just come into some cash and am seriously thinking of giving up my cherished Civic Aerodeck for the new Honda CRV.
Not had a chance to look at them in the flesh yet but am impressed from what I have saw so far on the net. It will have to be the EX model as I can not live without a chunk of glass above my head and of course will be the diesel version.
Any owners here with positive or negative experiences to share ?.

Mal.
Honda CRV 2007 - Deskpilot
www.whatcar.co.uk/car-review-readers.aspx?RT=898&U...0

If you go to the above quoted site you will find quite a number of reviews of this car - some good/some bad!

There are problems with the back springs creaking on some models and excessive wind noise on the driver's side.

My comments are there under "WL"
Honda CRV 2007 - J Bonington Jagworth
I have to say that, to my eye, all the recent Hondas from the Civic onwards seem to have lost the plot visually. Have they got a new designer?
Honda CRV 2007 - mike hannon
I'll second that. The front looks like one car dropped on top of another and apparently it has fewer stars for pedestrian safety than the previous model. What's that about?
Honda CRV 2007 - mal
I am also looking at the previous model since I do not like space saver wheels, which are no good when travelling on my preferred overnight journeys to escape the traffic.
Honda CRV 2007 - Vansboy
Just seen a new shape, parked nearby.

Doesn't look an improvement, on appearence stakes.

The front bumper looks like an afterthought!

VB
Honda CRV 2007 - Marc
I also think it looks dreadful - a bloated ugly hatchback on stilts. I believe it's actually smaller than the previous model although better on the CO2 front.

I was in a Honda dealer a few months ago when the new CRV first came out and commented to the salesman how ugly it was compared to the previous model. I think he agreed with me.

I've not seen that many of them about.
Honda CRV 2007 - Pica
I was going to buy a new model but ended up with the old model albeit a 2007 model. IMHO The new version interior is far superior but the exterior looks like a squashed toad to me and I hated it. I got around £7K discount on the old version it is a VTEC petrol executive with al the toys and I am very pleased with it. Hopefully, buying the last of the old models mean that any problems should have been sorted by now.
Honda CRV 2007 - Vansboy
Hopefully buying the last of the old models
mean that any problems should have been sorted by now.

This is the opinion. Ive always had, regardless of the vehicle being bought!!

Saves a good few £$£$, too, as you've shown!!

VB
Honda CRV 2007 - ukbeefy
and the last one was to me quite elegant and "light" in its look compared to much clunkier cruder looking SUVs.

The new one often looks as if its sitting oddly on its suspension. Seen a few around and they look as if they are squatting down at the rear a bit especially when accelerating - looks ungainly.
Honda CRV 2007 - J Bonington Jagworth
"looks like a squashed toad"

That's the phrase I was looking for! :-)
Honda CRV 2007 - Altea Ego
why is honda selling new CRV's and Old CRV's at the same time? very little (list) price difference
------------------------------
TourVanMan TM < Ex RF >
Honda CRV 2007 - Pica
When I bought mine the dealer said they were selling the last of the old models and there were not many left and so there was no choice of colour (I got a silver one). But £7K of list.
Honda CRV 2007 - BobbyG
Although £7k off list, the list is irrelevant cos if you sell it tomorrow, you will get less than what you paid for it.

I so badly wanted an old style CRV, did all my research, posted a few threads on here about specifics, but when I came to actually take a test drive in it I just found it so disappointing. The steering felt very wallowy, the dash looked so dated, the radio didn't even display the station name and there was a big compartment in the dash for chilling cans. I don't chill cans! This was the Sport spec so middle spec. It didn't have variable intermittant wipe either and I wasn't fully convinced about the shape or positioning of the handbrake.

But externally, I thought it looked great, nice and chunky and commanding on the road.