What is life like with your car? Let us know and win £500 in John Lewis vouchers | No thanks
21w 12v bulbs - where to buy? - lex_us_i
Need 6-10 of these bulbs for indicators etc where to buy

Which brand is best/last longest ?

Philips are the factory fitted ford ones.

TIA
21w 12v bulbs - where to buy? - Sprice
Any motor factors will sell these and even places like Wilkinsons and Woolworths will stock them too.
21w 12v bulbs - where to buy? - 659FBE
If you need a quantity of these (say 10+) order from a factor such as Farnell Electronic Components. They are very cheap and you can buy about 10 for the price of 2 in a high street motor shop. You can pay by credit card over the 'phone.

Most replacement auto lamps are of poor quality - the ones from Farnell are no exception. However, the higher wattage lamps survive better due to their thick filaments - especially as flasher lamps. The voltage drop across the current sensing shunt in the flasher relay causes the lamp to be underrun anyway. I can't remember the last time I changed a flasher lamp due to an o/c filament.

Lamp quality is more important in the lower wattage applications such as side, tail and instrument lamps. These have thin filaments and are more failure prone. Number plate lamps on boot lids are further liable to failure if the boot is slammed shut whilst the lamps are powered. I wish vehicle manufacturers would use LEDs if they must mount lamps on boot lids.

I would recommend Philips or Osram for these low wattage applications.

21w 12v bulbs - where to buy? - gsb
I have used these guys before, very efficient. www.consumabulbs.com/
21w 12v bulbs - where to buy? - Hamsafar
Vauhall dealers sell Philips Silvervision rather cheaply which are great for indicators as the orange in in the glass rather than a flaky coating that flakes off. The part no. is 9270372 a pair.
£1.00 for 2 in petrol station

£2.69 for 2 in halfords bosch

£9.00 for 10 independent unipart branded

£6.82 for 10 vauxhall ge branded prt no 90002520 ask for discount ?
3 for 2 on 5l engine oil

£1.65+vat each ford dealer no discount for 10 :(

£5.28inc for 10 @ www.consumabulbs.com

659 all above replacement bulbs look poor quality compared with original

will try motor factors

TIA

21w 12v bulbs - where to buy? - Pugugly {P}
What vehicle are they for ? Certainly CANbussed BMW bikes should only use BMW branded bulbs.,..
21w 12v bulbs - where to buy? - yorkiebar
I get less failure from bulbs I fit (have fitted) than I do from original bulbs.

Can't remember last one I have fitted that has failed, but virtually every car I get to service or mot has at least 1 bulb out.

What makes people think the expensive branded bulbs are so good?

12v 21w std 382 bulbs should cost between £ 2.50 for 10 to £ 5 for 10 depending on where purchased. If its 12v 21w offset pin orange glasss (581) then should be between £ 8 and £ 10 for 10.

No vehicle assemble that I know of makes its own bulbs; they are made by outside suppliers (to a price) and re branded. And I know (fact not hearsay) that a lot of my local main dealers (ford, vauxhall, MB, VW, Honda and Peugeot ) all buy their workshop supply of bulbs from local factors. Presumably they buy the "oe" ones to supply to customers over the counter.

21w 12v bulbs - where to buy? - rip
also try gsf carparts, 50p each IIRC, as before the are painted inside, not coated with paint on the out which flakes -eventually.

hello rip gsp wanted 70p each

Motor factors wanted 52p each for unipart bulbs.

After all that research bought from vauxhall dealers closest.

Thankyou to all who replied.