What is life like with your car? Let us know and win £500 in John Lewis vouchers | No thanks
Fiat Panda: There?s a hole in my locker - ralph278
Model: 2005 Eleganza, recently bought thus secondhand

Centrally placed in the "ceiling" of the glove compartment there is a lengthways (in the direction of the car) roughly rectangular, slot. It is 4.5 inches long, and tapers from about 1.25 inches, to about 1.5 inches wide.

Perhaps the hole is there to allow access to the head of the screw one can see through it. Perhaps on some Pandas there is a light, though reaching round behind and above the glove compartment I can?t feel any stray wires or connectors.

Can a kind person from memory or examination of a Panda they have tell me whether there is usually just a hole? Or should there be a light unit? Or a panel that clips into the hole?

Many thanks
Fiat Panda: There?s a hole in my locker - Caveman
Can a kind person from memory or examination of a Panda they have tell me
whether there is usually just a hole? Or should there be a light unit? Or
a panel that clips into the hole?

Or is it for a vent so that you could have an air conditioned glovebox?
Good thinking. I have never seen a cooled glove box (on other cars) and don?t know how they work, but it?s another possibility. I don?t remember seeing it in the list of options but it could be there. I'll go back and see if there are any suggestive features in the air ventilation pipes.

Thanks again for the suggestion
Fiat Panda: There?s a hole in my locker - jc2
Fiestas had them for a short while as part of the air-conditioning option.
Fiat Panda: There?s a hole in my locker - Dynamic Dave
It was a standard fitment on a Cavalier Diplomat I once owned, and on my previous Vectra-B and current Vectra-C it was an option to have an air cooled glovebox.
My thanks to Dynamic Dave and jc2 for more info