coolant fan fitting - pug 306 - scfc_151
Just had my 306 a/c model back from the auto spark and he told me the cooling fans are kaput

just wondering if this is an easy diy job if i can source some fans?
Its 2001 facelift model but the only problem i think ill have is that the multiplug to the fan couling is completley stuck!

Any tips appreciated

Also if i look for second hand parts what should i be looking for considering its an aircon model - however the aircon doesnt work and im not planning on fixing it due to high costs
coolant fan fitting - stuartl
I'd use GSF for the right parts and if you cant prise the plug apart disconnect the battery using the method recommended in the handbook (radio codes etc etc) and snip and crimp the wires individually. It would almost certainly be easier and quicker to replace the fans as if the aircon was working than attempt to deviate from the original spec unless there is a pug expert on here who can tell you otherwise...
coolant fan fitting - pug 306 - ChrisMo
We had both of ours replaced last year, one fan was broken the other was a little bit rough. Haynes book said to remove radiator, garage did it by taking the front bumper off.

coolant fan fitting - pug 306 - piston power
maybe you can repair the fan?
sometimes the com needes a clean up with emery cloth & new brushes fitted then back in action, id try to repair first before spending my cash on a new fan but thats me!!
coolant fan fitting - pug 306 - scfc_151
i think ill try taking the bumper off and remove the motors that way

ill try leaving the housing alone as the multiplug is a pain anyway

Parts seem quite expensive too around £50 each just for the motors - apparantly theres 2 types for my car so ive got to source the right ones. I thought the motors would just go straight in no matter what 306 they were off as long as it were the twin fan type.