What is life like with your car? Let us know and win £500 in John Lewis vouchers | No thanks
car paint protection - jim holland
I am thinking of buying a Focus TDCI less than a year old from a Ford main dealer and the package includes £235 for a hard protection of the water based paint against such things as bird droppings. Is it worth it and if it's so good why don't the manufacturers put it on at the factory.

car paint protection - mss1tw
if it's so good why don't the manufacturers put it on at
the factory.

Nail on the head!
car paint protection - Roger Jones
Standard dealer try-on these days it seems. My bro-in-law had the same offer when buying a Mondeo several years ago; I told him about the thumbs-down in the Back Room and he told them no.
car paint protection - Aprilia
Do a search on Ebay for 'Diamondbrite' - this is the stuff most of the dealers try to sell you. Its not bad stuff and dead easy to put on. For under £15 you will be able to buy the paint protection and also the fabric protector spray.
car paint protection - mal
I will give my opinion as I have done when this subject has been posted in the past and that is it is no more than a glorified wax ! a waste of money. and merely a good earner for the dealer.
I was given some for nothing from one of the mechanics at my dealers and used it on my car. I couldn't note any difference between it and a good quality car wax after a few months.

Mal.
car paint protection - jim holland
Thanks very much guys. Much appreciated That's saved me some money.
car paint protection - Bill Payer
Do a search on Ebay for 'Diamondbrite' - this is the
stuff most of the dealers try to sell you. Its not
bad stuff and dead easy to put on.

I just did exactly that on my daughter's Colt - I got 2 packs of the stage 1 & 2 Diamondbrite for £8 something, inc postage. One pack was easily enough to do the 5 dr Colt, including inside the door shuts and the wheel trims - judging how much to apply was the only tricky bit.
It is extremely easy to apply, and you can go over the black plastic bits too, without it showing white as most waxes do.