Punto 60S 1998 Temperature Help!!!! - peelprincess
Help!!

My Punto has just had a new head gasket and clutch (last week). At the moment its temperature light keeps coming on. Just wondering why it keeps coming on - esp when i'm in stationary traffic. Sometimes it goes off again once I start moving and sometimes it just stays on. You can hear the fan kicking in but that doesn't seem to make it go off - it's not losing water as its water level is just under max - I keep checking it!

It's worrying me to death - esp after i've just had a new head gasket / cam belt and clutch to the tune of £450 - I don't want it to pack in again.

Any ideas anyone???
Punto 60S 1998 Temperature Help!!!! - Pugugly {P}
Is the leccy fan working ? May have been forgotten during re-assembly or wasn't working in the first pace.
Punto 60S 1998 Temperature Help!!!! - injection doc
It may be a faulty sensor but it would be worth getting the garage/person who fixed it to check it, I have had water pump impellers corroded away causing poor circulation and even radiators block, to check these two items in traffic put your heater on full, if it goes cool you may have a poor pump, if the light doesn't come on the radiator could have deteriorated, I have been changing rads even on 52 reg cars for being reduced in cooling. Have the thermostat checked ( quite common on fiats) you don't want to allow it to overheat as this could cause the gasket to fail again!. Hsa the cylinder head been machined/skimmed? replacement headgaskets are usually unsucessful on the punto engine without a skim!
Punto 60S 1998 Temperature Help!!!! - peelprincess
Thanks for your help - i will speak to the garage that fixed it in the morning.

Thanks again.