What is life like with your car? Let us know and win £500 in John Lewis vouchers | No thanks
Hummer H3 - anyone seen one? - Jonathan {p}
www.manchestereveningnews.co.uk/news/s/1002/100237...l

HJ has info in his CBCB. Said something about drivers being hit by future tux hikes - ouch!
Hummer H3 - anyone seen one? - Brian Tryzers
>future tux hikes

Let's stop this lazy slide into American usage, shall we? The correct UK-English equivalent is 'dinner jacket walks'.

>;---)
Hummer H3 - anyone seen one? - Bagpuss
A neighbour of mine has a Humvee, US army surplus, painted orange. I've seen several Hummers in Munich, all black with spotlights on the roof and chrome wheels. They're huge and probably not ideally suited to driving around the city. On the other hand I parked next to a new Mercedes GL the other day and that is truly enormous.
Hummer H3 - anyone seen one? - tyro
Saw one in Glasgow driving along the M8. Quite an extraordinary looking thing.

And on the subject of unusual sightings, saw my first Citroen C6 the other day.

To be honest, I thought the Hummer was better looking.
Hummer H3 - anyone seen one? - tyro
Actually, it might not have been an H3 I saw. All I know is that it was a Hummer.

No doubt someone will say that if I think it was better looking than a C6, then I must be blind, which would account for my inability to tell the difference between different types of Hummers :-)
Hummer H3 - anyone seen one? - Ian (Cape Town)
Manufactured sort-of locally - down in Port Elizabeth.
I've seen a few about town, and to be honest they are TOO big, even for the wide-open spaces.
However, that hasn't seemed to stop the bling-boys from buying them and pimping them up...
Hummer H3 - anyone seen one? - kievclive
Quite a few out here, very much inferior to the H2 but only because of the prestige bent locals - they are selling around the $60k mark and compete with the Infinit FX, Murano and lower spec Land Cruisers. Have not heard anything negative about them so far and Ukraine is a good testing ground for reliability and endurance of cars.
Hummer H3 - anyone seen one? - terryb
There's a Hummer buzzing (humming?) around Verwood in Dorset. Don't know what model it is though.
--
Terry
Hummer H3 - anyone seen one? - No Do$h
There's an orangey/red H3 in Bournemouth. Hideous piece of poorly engineered wotsit that it is. Also a bronze one seen around Poole/Wimborne from time to time.

Sure, they appeal to some people and they are welcome to them, but too many compromises in the name of "style" for my liking.
Hey, ND, don't forget I still owe you a pint at the Monmouth Ash some time! Sorry, can't think of a motoring link!
--
Terry
Hummer H3 - anyone seen one? - No Do$h
I warn you, I'll turn up in a vehicle with more than one seat that actually burns fuel for locomotion. If you can cope with that......

Living out Dorchester way these days, which is nice, if a little damp when the Frome gets full. How are you finding life in Verwood? (cue puns about Sat Nav and Stethoscopes).

I've just remembered there used to be an H2 parked up on the A31 past Wimborne towared Bere Regis but it has since been replaced with a G4 spec Freelander. Now if you choose a Freelander after having a Hummer it doesn't say a lot for reliability of the GM product, does it.
Verwood's great, life's good. Despite there only being one filling station left in town (who used to be cheap but is getting a bit greedy lately).

Going to be offline for a couple of weeks, but when we get back I'll ask mods to give you my email.
--
Terry
Hummer H3 - anyone seen one? - Murphy The Cat
I saw lots of Hummer H3's when I was in the US last year (Or Hummer Lite as we called them) - even the Dibble were using them !

BTW, do you know that they sell in America for about £16000 ?
MTC
Hummer H3 - anyone seen one? - Lud
What's the point in a shiny slimmed-down puffball version of a military vehicle?

Wouldn't mind a real Humvee though, preferably with bullet holes. Just the thing for threading through the Soho alleys.