What is life like with your car? Let us know and win £500 in John Lewis vouchers | No thanks
What Accord is this? - FotheringtonThomas
I haven't seen it, but have been offered a "Honda Accord Estate 1995 2.2 auto, leather , air con". Short MOT.
Any ideas whether it's petrol, diesel, juicy, expensive to run, desirable or a lemon? I'm on me uppers! Any
advice gratefully received!
What Accord is this? - cardriver
It will probably be one of these.

www.world.honda.com/ACCORD/history05.html
Tend to be entirely trouble-free as long as serviced on time with regular changes of coolant and brake fluid. Look for stone and screen chips on the quicker versions. According to HJ in the CBCB.
It will probably be one of these.
www.world.honda.com/ACCORD/history05.html

They look nice!
What Accord is this? - Bill Payer
Is it an Aerodeck : www.ciao.co.uk/Honda_Accord_Aero_Deck_2_2__Review_...0

For several reasons, it must be petrol, and fuel economy won't be its strong point!
Is it an Aerodeck : www.ciao.co.uk/Honda_Accord_Aero_Deck_2_2__Review_...0
For several reasons, it must be petrol, and fuel economy won't
be its strong point!

I haven't seen it yet. I was a little worried by the "2.2" bit, any ideas what they might do to the gallon,normal runs of 8 to 10 miles? Also, I don't know anything about autos.
What Accord is this? - R75
I have the same body shape accord, although it is a couple of years newer - Mine has the 2.0 but is an Auto, on mostly round town work I get about 27mpg max - but the cars are very comfortable, auto box on mine is fine, a bit clunky between changes when cold, but quite acceptable considering it is 10years old with 96k on the clock - if it has been looked after it should run for a good few years yet.
>>> I haven't seen it yet. I was a little worried by
the "2.2" bit, any ideas what they might do to the
gallon,normal runs of 8 to 10 miles? Also, I don't know
anything about autos.

TU's given a view on his 2L & yours isn't going to be better. Fuel consumption on auto's can vary hugely depending on how you drive (or how the traffic forces you to drive). Constant stops at roundabout & traffic lights and then fastish pull-aways will murder the MPG. But steady crusing can be quite good as they're often higher geared than manuals.

If day to day costs are an issue, then make sure you get an insurance quote before you take it on.
>>> I haven't seen it yet. I was a little worried by
>>> the "2.2" bit, any ideas what they might do to
>>> the gallon,normal runs of 8 to 10 miles?
If day to day costs are an issue, then make sure
you get an insurance quote before you take it on.

Very good thought. Thank you.
>>They look nice! <<

I think so to - it is one of the more elegant looking estates - especially for its age.
I think also reading some reviews they seem virtually bullet proof and will go on for ever if looked after.
Another thought is that thy seller wants "a few hundred pounds". What might it cost, I wonder? As I say, I'm on my uppers, but in need of a car, as mine won't economically pass another MOT. Parker's won't go back that far unless I cough up some loot.

The insurance for me seems to be about £250, which I can deal with.
What Accord is this? - Happy Blue!
This age of Accord was, after the 1988-1992 model (which was supreme I understand) one of the most reliable cars ever built. Not economical, but not dreadful either. The 2.2 was a faster model and may have been a V-Tec model although I think that the Aerodeck was built in the USA so used a less strangulated version of 2.2 used there.
Another thought is that thy seller wants "a few hundred pounds".
What might it cost, I wonder? As I say, I'm on
my uppers, but in need of a car, as mine won't
economically pass another MOT.

There's 10 on Autotrader, from £500 for 1992 and 1993 models in private sales. There is a 1995 model, being offered by a trader for £1995. (perhaps he's confused the year and the price!).

If the MOT is coming up soon, then could you get it MOT'd before you take it on, without the seller jacking the price up?
What Accord is this? - TurboD
IF it goes wrong then, it's a scapper, just bear that in mind.
So it'll be pennies at that age. £500 tops,