What is life like with your car? Let us know and win £500 in John Lewis vouchers | No thanks
Honda Jazz - Drivers window - lewendon
SHMBO suddenly mentions that, for no reason , her window will not close fully and needed "fiddling" to get it to close fully. Having read the handbook, it mentions that on "auto" the window will stop and retract if it "senses" an obstruction. It will raise slowly on a gentle constant pull on the switch. The window seems very slow (and sticky) in its last half of travel, but manually helping it will not stop it stalling and retracting if on one touch mode. Can anyone pls help ? Fuse is OK , but she thinks the door was open in heavy rain about a week ago - however the car ( 2003 1.4 auto) has been parked in warm sunshine since. Any ideas? Many thanks.
Honda Jazz - Drivers window - grease monkey
common occurance this on hondas,dirt on the very edge of the glass contaminates the window run channel,thus slowing the windows progress slightly,a hall effect sensor in the window motor detects a change of speed in the window & thinks it has encounted an obstruction & promptly lowers the window again.fully lower the window & give the rubber run channel a good spraying with some silicone spray(really douse it) & work the window up & down a good few times to get it spread up and down in the run channel,then it should be a ok
--
if it aint broke don`t fix it
Honda Jazz - Drivers window - lewendon
Many thanks Grease Monkey ! Silicone spray used as directed, and, using kitchen towel, polished the rubber runners and sprayed some more. The amount of crud that came out was impressive. One touch activation restored...odd how it affects the only window that is used regularly......Honda's bill could have been impressive ( just out of warranty).
Honda Jazz - Drivers window - keybored
Just had to buy a new drivers side motor for my crv; £204 plus the vat! How on earth can the main dealers justify this price.
Honda Jazz - Drivers window - DP
I can also vouch for the effectiveness of silicone spray. The Mondeo's drivers side window used to stick on the way up and the glass would skew in the runners. I noticed an alarming amount of play in the regulator, and thought an expensive (even on a Ford this is £130) replacement was required.

As a last resort I applied a squirt of silicone lube to the channels which immediately restored normal operation. Even better than that, a year later, the window is still operating perfectly.

Cheers
DP
Honda Jazz - Drivers window - nozmeister
Just had this happen on our 2005/55 Jazz but luckily it's still under warranty.

I can confirm that all they did was work some WD40-like stuff into the mechanism and it seems back to it usual self.
Honda Jazz - Drivers window - Dynamic Dave
Just had to buy a new drivers side motor for my crv; £204 plus the vat! How on earth can the main dealers justify this price.

Do you not have glass damage cover on your insurance policy?
>>Do you not have glass damage cover on your insurance policy?

Glass was fine; just the motor was shot, or are you saying that the window should have >cough< suffered some accidental damage?!
Honda Jazz - Drivers window - Dynamic Dave
Glass was fine; just the motor was shot,

Sorry, speed read your post and overlooked that it was the motor and not the glass you had to purchase. Didn't even pick up on it when I quoted from your message either.
Honda Jazz - Drivers window - R75
Sorry, speed read your post and overlooked that it was the
motor and not the glass you had to purchase. Didn't even
pick up on it when I quoted from your message either.

Oh for an edit button - hang you have got one ;o)
You're forgiven DD :)
Honda Jazz - Drivers window - Wage Slave

Many thanks grease monkey. Silicon spray worked fine for me. Only thing is being slow it took me a while to realise that it is the channels at the sides of the window that need lubrication. A quick spray and it works absolutely fine now. I'm sure there are many more people you have helped over the years - nice one.