What is life like with your car? Let us know and win £500 in John Lewis vouchers | No thanks
Busjams, humps, holes, headlight & home! - cheddar
Used to drive in London a lot, made one of my infrequent trips to the smoke today, A371/A361/A303/M3/M25/A20, into Woolwich then Dulwich and Wandsworth and back out down the A3, across though Byfleet/Ottershaw/Chobham/Lightwater to the M3 again. A few observations:

Busjams:
Following a bus in London a 20mph max, it stops, moves on, stops, moves on, stops, you cannot get past because there is a queue of traffic coming the other way, yup that's right ...................... following a bus! Nightmare!

Humps:
Raised "cushions" in Nightingale Lane between Clapham Common and Wandsworth, a challenge for Chris Bonnington, criminal, simply criminal!

Holes:
The roads around 'Sarf' London are worse than ever, there are two pot holes on West Hill, Wandsworth, alone that a small hatchback could get lost in!

Headlight:
Noticed that I had a dipped beam out, stopped at a garage and bought an H7 bulb (10 quid, ouch!), it really is so easy to change a bulb on the Mondeo, open the bonnet, unclip the grill, pull out two pins, pull the light out, unclip the back, change the bulb, reverse the procedure, 3 or 4 mins and on the road again. Some cars need either a trip to the dealer or a couple of hours with Snap-On's finest, perhaps even an hour waiting for the AA on a dark winters's night!

Home:
As per most Friday's there was a reasonable amount of traffic on the roads tonight though I had a really enjoyable run back to the west country, music on, down the M3/A303 and across the ranges using the torque to waft past slower traffic without having to change down and zipping along undulating, twisting roads at a fair lick, the car seemingly enjoying it as much as I, responding precisely to every input, doing exactly what is is told and nothing more, and getting me out of trouble by providing an indecent amount of grip when I barreled into a corner a bit to quickly, really wouldnt have minded another 60 miles or so!

Regards.

Busjams, humps, holes, headlight & home! - mare
Have to agree with the M3/A303 bit, it might take a bit longer, but it's far more entertaining as a road, used to use myself Bath to Greenwich etc. M4 is yuk.