What is life like with your car? Let us know and win £500 in John Lewis vouchers | No thanks
Company Car Choice - Wee Willie Winkie
Simple question really. I'm not after opinions on either, just a one word answer which will be "Golf" or "Scenic".

Choice for company car is VW Golf 1.9TDi 105 S, or Renault Grand Scenic 1.5DCi 106 Dynamique.

Which would you choose?

Cheers,
DB
Company Car Choice - local yokel
Golf
Company Car Choice - reddy03
Golf
Company Car Choice - Brian Tryzers
Forgive what may seem a silly question but if you need the space, why are you looking at the Golf, and if you don't, why are you looking at the Scenic?
Company Car Choice - rtj70
I'd assumed these were perhaps reallocation vehicles so his choice comes down to either of these. But we should not assume.

personally I would go for a Golf over a Megane Scenic, but then I'd avoid any mini MPV.
Company Car Choice - quizman
Golf
Company Car Choice - mare
Scenic
Company Car Choice - Altea Ego
Golf. The 1.5 DCi is too small to haul the scenic about.
------------------------------
TourVanMan TM < Ex RF >
Company Car Choice - Pezzer
Golf
Company Car Choice - Manatee
Scenic - if you find the idea of a Golf as boring as I do, and bearing in mind someone else is paying the depreciation and the repair costs.
"I'd assumed these were perhaps reallocation vehicles so his choice comes down to either of these. But we should not assume"

Ah, yes. They are not reallocation vehicles.

My company use Europcar's "6 & Go" scheme. The prices per month dictate either a Golf or a Scenic (or Astra 1.6, but no), unfortunately it does not stretch to the Toureags (sp) the directors have...

I have no use for a big car, hence thinking of the Golf. I fancy the idea of being able to transport a washing machine if need be, hence thinking of the Scenic. We have no children, but we do like spacious cars. The Golf has a bit more oomph, the Scenic has more toys to keep me amused.

Company car tax is much of a muchness between the two, and at the end of the day I only have to keep it six months before replacement, so if the wrong choice is made it isn't the end of the world.

Hmmm, I need some inspiration....

DB
Company Car Choice - BackOfTheNet
I test drove a Golf 1.9 TDi Sport 105ps last summer and found the engine to be rather noisy and intrusive and this began to irritate very quickly. Didn't take it on a long test drive but can't imagine the engine noise got any better or more bearable on the motorway. The performance seemed decent enough for a smallish diesel without being exciting though.

Funnily enough I had a 1.6 pertol Megane Sports Tourer (ie. estate!) as pool car for a few months before I got my company car and it's the most comfortable car I've ever driven although the handling was rubbish!!

Personally, all things considered I'd go for the Golf. It's a decent drive, a decent badge (if that's a consideration for you) and I quite like the styling in a classy, understated sort of way.
Company Car Choice - a900ss
I have no use for a big car, hence thinking of
the Golf.

Exactly - Golf.
Company Car Choice - Avant
Golf, and have the washing machine delivered and the old one taken away. I agree with TVM - the 1.5 is no fun in the Scenic.
Company Car Choice - DP
Golf if you don't need the space.
Company Car Choice - oldtoffee
Golf
Company Car Choice - The Melting Snowman
Ideally neither, given my experiences with these two makes.
If I had to, I would go for the Golf as a last resort.
Company Car Choice - PoloGirl
I've got the Sport version of that Golf and I love it except for one thing - just occasionally I wish I had the 2.0 as it doesn't have a whole lot of power.

Company Car Choice - Happy Blue!
Save the money and get a normal size higher spec Scenic?
Company Car Choice - daveyjp
My sister in law had a 1.5 DCi Scenic company car and was almost glad she was made redundant so she didn't have to drive it anymore! In side winds she said it was scary.

Golf and a sneeky ECU remap!
"Save the money and get a normal size higher spec Scenic?"

Unfortunately not an option on the list. The only Renault there is is the Grand Scenic Dynamique.....

I think I'm decided on the Golf, although I'm being nagged by the prescence of toys on the Scenic..... It's only 6 months, so if I make the wrong choice it's not the end of world.... Or is it?!
Company Car Choice - Happy Blue!
No - the time will fly by. If you were saying three years I would be very circumspect, but for six months, I would enjoy the variety.

Can you lead us to the web page for the company that offers the deal you have mentioned - it sounds like fun to be able to get a new car every six months.
Company Car Choice - boxsterboy
Exactly. Which ever you have now, you can have the other in 6 months time. I would go for the refently tweaked Scenic from a novelty point of view. Not much in it otherwise.
Not the exact scheme that we use, but pretty close....

www.europcar.co.uk/busprog/minilease.html

Thanks for all your opinions...!

DB