What is life like with your car? Let us know and win £500 in John Lewis vouchers | No thanks
new model focus lx 06 reg - focus
Hi can anyone help me? i bought a ford direct 06 13000 mile focus lx on monday the car is as new, but after driving for 45miles on tues i noticed every time i look in the rear view mirror, i see a type of ripple effect whenever cars behind me come closer and also when on a dual carriageway, the broken white line does a wave up and down !!! this is all very offputting as it looks like there is a problem with the glass, on close inspection the glass appears normal, and the mirror looks ok. i am having a hard job getting ford to believe i have a real problem. HELP PLEASE ANYBODY.
new model focus lx 06 reg - Pugugly {P}
Reject the car immediately and sue the Principle of the dealership as well as the CEO of Ford (UK) and start a website "howfordruinedmyoutlookonlife.com" :-)

Seriously if you don't like the mirror that much buy a new one from your Ford Dealership or a scrappie/e-bay and fit it it'll cost you about twenty quid.
hi its not the fact i wouldnt spend £16.00 on a new mirror, its the view through the back window seeing cars and the road going in and out /up and down/blurred then clear thats my issue.
new model focus lx 06 reg - LeePower
Ford direct car & a 06 plate, Its under a Ford warranty so ask them to look at it & show them the issue you have.

A picture / video or a Ford technician siting in the car with you so you can show them the fault is the way forward on this.

Ive had to take a picture before to prove to a main dealer my car was faulty as there fancy diagnostic system couldnt find the fault.
new model focus lx 06 reg - james86
I I have an 07 build (but 56 reg if that makes sense) Focus Titanium and have exactly the same problem. I have assumed it's something to do with the auto-dimming nature of the mirror, but to be honest I don't find it annoying at all - it's just a quirk. It is a bit odd though.

I'm not sure however if the LX comes with auto dimming mirror (?) so maybe it isn't that after all?
hi, i saw a brand new ghia model in the showroom and it seemed better, although wew were statinery at the time!
new model focus lx 06 reg - LeePower
I had a test drive in a 05 Focus Zetec & I dont remember the view out the back window from the mirror doing what you are describing.
thanks for your reply though
new model focus lx 06 reg - henry k
To state the obvious.
Have you tried the simple test of parking somewhere safe, turning round, looking out the rear window and then slowly moving your viewing height to see if the scene wobbles.
This takes the mirror out of the problem.

I have experienced faulty glass in a friends car. It was on the passenger side of the windscreen but nobody in his family had noticed or complained about it. It made me fell a little queasy as the scene was not steady.

If it is faulty glass you need to identify the part of it that is fault. It may be quite a small area.

Good Luck.
hi there, i actually stopped in a layby and whilst on the phone to ford about the problem ,i was watching the area of the rear screen which was basically carsa coming past went in and out of focus whilst approaching from the dual carriageway.
new model focus lx 06 reg - L'escargot
It's probably nothing more ominous than the mirror "glass" is distorted for whatever reason. If the "glass" is not actually glass, or if it's quite thin, then distortion can easily occur. We have a pair of cheap mirrors in the house which give a distorted view. I assume it's the frame that causes the distortion. If it annoys you that much go back to the supplying dealer and discuss the problem (calmly and rationally) with their service department.
--
L\'escargot.
new model focus lx 06 reg - Collos25
Have you thought that the mirror and glass are ok and the problem is you need new glasses.
new model focus lx 06 reg - Snakey
I've had two old style Focii (a 98 and a 2002) and both of them suffered from this odd characteristic.

On the 2002 (diesel) on the bonnet vibrates quite a lot as well which I put down to Ford build quality.

I just learned to live with it in the end!