Xantia Heater - XF8U
After driving for weeks with nothing but cold air coming out I have disovered something that cleans out the heater matrix.
I recently bought some sink unblocker/drain cleaner from B&Q.
I put about a cup full inthe coolant and after acouple of days the air has started to get warmer.

Prior to this event I have tried flushing the whole system, I have used the small bottles of liquid from Car stores that allegedly clean out the system.

One word of advice. Do not buy radflush or anything similar because they don't work.

I would like to know if anyone else has had experience of these problems.
Last year I had a Laguna with exaactly the same problem.
Is it a French thing?

If so, get down to B&Q
Xantia Heater - Collos25
The idea is not to damage the gasgets,hoses,seals, soldered seams and not have a chemical reaction with the antifreeze so as to create an acid.The reason people do not use non prescribed chemicals is because there is no way of knowing what the long term effects are especially if you have an aluminium head or block.
Xantia Heater - rg
Yikes.

Knowing how delicate the various coolant circuit bits on my XM 2.5 are, I don't think I'd recommend this solution...

r
Xantia Heater - pmh
Enjoy being warm driving in the car for a few days. Changing the heater matrix after the remaining metal has disintegrated will keep you warm as well but leave you immobile!
--

pmh (was peter)

Xantia Heater - XF8U
The liquid, as I said, was only in the coolant for a couple of days. After which it was thoroughly flushed with garden hose (raiator and block)
Fresh antifreeze and new water. Still going strong.

On a sour note, the fan has given up on me now. It's just never ending with Xantia heaters isn't it.
This is the second time it has done this now. The first instance I doused the ignition switch with WD40 and it started working again.
More often than not it is the ignition switch (and associated wiring) and not the fan unit that is at fault.