vauxhall vectra 1998,S reg - messa
hi i have a 98 vectra when i fire it up from cold it should idle at about a 1000 revs but its wavering about between 0-1000 then when its warm it seems to be fine can anyone with vauxhall experiance tell me what the problem is,whether i need to service it or wot ?????? thanks.
vauxhall vectra 1998,S reg - SpamCan61 {P}
I'd say cleaning out the idle air control valve would be a good place to start, assuming it has one, what engine is it?
its a 2.0L,16v m8 is the clutch a big job to change on the vectra.
Ah right X20XEV engine then, I'd definately start by cleaning out the IACV, a fair few guides to doing that around the web ( even if I can't find any at the moment..) I've never actually owned a Vectra, but I believe a clutch change is significantly more hassle than it was on a Cavalier. Hopefully someone who's actually done a Vectra one will be along shortly.
vauxhall vectra 1998,S reg - Dynamic Dave
Clutch change is mentioned in HJ's Car-By-Car-Breakdown.

"Clutch replacement remains a five- to-six-hour job involving engine removal instead of the simple half-hour job it was on the Cavalier."
vauxhall vectra 1998,S reg - DP
the simple half-hour job it was on the Cavalier."

This still rates as one of the most impressive pieces of design I have ever seen on any car. Brilliant!

I still have my slide hammer, input shaft adaptor and clutch clips in my toolbox. I wonder if I'll ever do another one?

Cheers
DP
Ha ha theres one here you can do if your up for it,just out of interest how much are they??:-))
vauxhall vectra 1998,S reg - DP
Ha ha theres one here you can do if your up
for it,just out of interest how much are they??:-))

:-)

If you can do the Mondeo's when it comes up, you've got yourself a deal!

Cheers
DP
hi m8 thankx,were would i fined HJ's car-by-car breakdown on the net im not really clued up on the net thing yet,:-)))))
thanhx m8 for ur advise,im not really machanicly minded even thow i can do bits an bobs,i used to own a v6 calibra an i put all new disks n pads all round and i even put 2 brand new backin plates on the back for the M O T as they hold ur hand brake shoes in place and 2 new bottom arms,were would i start by cleaning the IACV,many thankx.
IACV cleaning:-

82.34.52.15/sytemsandsoftwaredevelopment/systems/a...m
SpamCan thank you for the imformation on the IACV il give that a go at the weekend when im off work,thank you.
vauxhall vectra 1998,S reg - Dynamic Dave
messa,

no offence, but can you drop the "txt" talk please. Unlike a mobile phone you are not limited to 160 characters here.

Many thanks, DD. BR Moderator.
vauxhall vectra 1998,S reg - yorkiebar
I would also (probably more likely) change the coolant temperature sensor if it is only causing a problem when it is cold/warming up.
Yep, my other thought was the CTS, but I thought the IACV was worth looking at first as its quick and cheap thing to try.