What is life like with your car? Let us know and win £500 in John Lewis vouchers | No thanks
golf gti mk2 - welderjames
Hi all,,,I have recently bought a 1991 Golf gti,it had a leaky roof but got that sorted (thanks to all who helped me out on that),,,but now getting a bit ambitious,,,,,,,,,,,,,wait for it.................
Its simple really I want to go faster without breaking the bank or having to head hunt VW"s top engineer from the fatherland,,,
Was thinking more in the line of something I could do myself,,,eg.buy a few bits off tinternet and bolt them in,,
It already has a power flow exhaust, but everything else is standard,,,,would the fuel/air need setting up for the exhaust like a bike does when you get a race can?ie, free flow air filter,,,
also would a faster cam be a help or a combination of a few things give her a bit more steam?
any help or links would be great,,,,,,,Many thanks.....James.
golf gti mk2 - dollygolfmids
a 2 litre bottom end?, just remember to change the dizzy set up as it would be run off the belt rather than the cam, think thats correct anyway
golf gti mk2 - mark25
www.clubgti.com/forum/showthread.php?t=90673
golf gti mk2 - mark25
the above link is for 8v 2.0 conversions. If you're feeling adventurous you could fit a 2.0 16v, in which case this link will help:

www.clubgti.com/forum/showthread.php?t=41171
thanks,dont think i would have the skills or manpower for a major job like that,,,,,,,was hoping there would be a magicical way of getting more grunt,,,maximum results with minimum effort,,,,,,but i suppose if it was that easy we would all be at it......?
golf gti mk2 - mark25
Not with your car i'm affraid.....

Have you considered a nitrous kit?
golf gti mk2 - vwgolfmaz
hi mate, there aint really a way you can make your mk2 golf faster unless you spend big money on it, i've got a mk2 golf gti with fast racing cams done by previous owner and to be honest its just made the car worse, they start getting problems...it now has lumpy starts and cuts of in traffic

if you want fast mate, you wanna get ourself a mk1 1.8 golf gti

{txt talk removed and replaced with proper words because unlike a mobile phone you aren't restricted to 160 characters here!! - DD}
cheers mate, saw your post with your problems with your cams,think i will forget about cams but the nitrous sonds like a interesting quick fix?????