What is life like with your car? Let us know and win £500 in John Lewis vouchers | No thanks
Laguna 2007 - Xileno {P}
If it's well built and can build on the improved reliability of later MK2's, then hard to see where they can go wrong...

www.motorpasion.com/2006/08/10-renault-laguna-2007

I suspect those wheels might make the ride a bit choppy though.
Laguna 2007 - ablandy
5 door has an alfa rear and the 3 door has the z4 coupe rear end.

in my opinion.

Does look good though.
Laguna 2007 - Mr.Tee.43
Well I think that looks a very smart design.

It just needs to be reliable,well screwed together and the right price.

Trouble is,the Laguna heritage is not that good.
Laguna 2007 - y2k+4
It looks Primera-esque to me...very Inifiniti brand for both, actually. But again that could just be me...
Laguna 2007 - SjB {P}
It looks Primera-esque to me...very Inifiniti brand for both, actually. But
again that could just be me...

No, not just you! It shouted "Primera" at me too - perhaps a related design approach given the Renault-Nissan marriage - but somehow with style where the Nissan has none.
Laguna 2007 - Xileno {P}
It all rests on the reliability. Modern Renaults are generally well screwed together and the prices competitive.
Laguna MK2 was not very good, later ones much better. Modus and Clio 3 are looking good on the reliability front. Maybe Renault's top man is cracking the whip hard. As a mass market contender, they've got to get this one right.
Laguna 2007 - LeePower
If Renault fix the rusting wiring loom issues that haunt the current range of the cars they might be on to a winner.

Even Fiat / Alfa wiring is better then Renault & that's saying something.
Laguna 2007 - Xileno {P}
How can wires rust? They are presumably made of copper?
Laguna 2007 - LeePower
Renault have been using some cheap & nasty wiring for the last few years there has been lots of cases reported in the trade of wires suffering corrosion & breaking in the loom when the car is around 5 to 6 years old.

The tell take thing to look for is a bulge in the outer sheath of the wire.

Ask your local Renault dealers technicians, they will know all about it, they will have seen it many times.
Laguna 2007 - madf
"rusting wiring loom issues "

Seems like they just don't learn.

I'll wait another 10 years for them to sort it before considering a Renault then..
madf