What is life like with your car? Let us know and win £500 in John Lewis vouchers | No thanks
Jacksons of Basingstoke - PoloGirl
Sad to see this today: www.jacksons-ltd.co.uk/

Jacksons have gone into administration. The bodyshop place did a lovely job on putting Polo back together in 2002 and I have had nothing but old fashioned good service when I've been to the Skoda dealership to look at Fabias, even though I made it clear it was for a company car. They always seemed quite busy both in sales and service.

The only bit that never seemed to work were the Fords in the Motorland section - that bit of the business always looked a bit shabby in my opinion.

I hope the excellent Skoda team manage to get jobs somewhere else.

Jacksons of Basingstoke - Avant
With any luck they won't close: administration orders are designed to get an insolvent company back on its feet (mainly by freezing debts temporarily), as opposed to liquidation which means instant close down.

As you say, they looked busy when I went for a test drive of an Octavia vRS - and Skodas are selling well, so it's odd that they should be in trouble.

I should think the administrators could well look to sell it as a going concern, as sales will drop off quickly if there is continuing doubt as to its future.

A pity if it does close, as there is a shortage of Skoda dealers in the area. Apart from Jacksons the nesrest are in Oxford and Newbury.
Jacksons of Basingstoke - Kevin
The writing appeared to be on the wall for Jacksons when they were forced to give up their old showroom to make way for Festival Place. They also lost the Ford franchise at the same time IIRC.

It was a good family business that failed in it's marketing.

I think the receivers will be able to sell the Skoda side of the business as a going concern so most of the employees should be OK. They are damn good value cars and every private hire cabbie in Basingstoke can't be wrong.

Kevin...
Jacksons of Basingstoke - tr7v8
That's sad, I lived in Basingstoke until 1985 & a guy I went to school was an apprentice there.