What is life like with your car? Let us know and win £500 in John Lewis vouchers | No thanks
Honda ex-management cars - nozmeister
Has anyone had any experience of buying one of these?

What condition are they generally in?

thanks in advance
noz
Honda ex-management cars - Collos25
aWhat do youy mean by ex management cars ,a scene of crime investigator who works for the fire service is issued with a Accord estate fully loaded and that really gets some stick over its two year lease,it depends who has been driving it i suppose.
These are supposed to be from Honda themselves but I guess the same applies...
oh! and less than six months old (i.e. 06/2006 plate)
Honda ex-management cars - Happy Blue!
The idea is that Honda produce a regular supply of nearly new and well run in second hand cars for the deals to fill their forecourts with. Who knows how they have been driven, but as long as they are serviced, a hard driven car can be beautifully run-in.
Honda ex-management cars - Blue {P}
Honda only have a need for so many cars for management staff in this country, they certainly don't have enough need to be able to fill dealerships nationwide with 6 month old cars, most of them are actually ex-short term lease cars, possibly ex-hire, or they are ex-demonstrators. The "management car" term is an old one used to give customers a nicer impression of what they are buying, so, whilst a small percentage really will have belonged to a Honda UK manager, most probably haven't. Please note that I'm not trying to put you off them, just giving you a true picture of where they actually come from!

Now, as for condition, they are normally pretty damn good, they are well prepared for re-sale, and the warranty cover is excellent, I would buy one without hesitation.

Blue
Honda ex-management cars - Bill Payer
"Management" may encompass a wide range of employees.
My neigbour is an ex Vauxhall shop floor supervisor / foreman type person. He's retired but he still get a brand-new car every 6 months for life on a very heavily subsidised scheme. They are required to look after them, and have to pay for any damage. His cars still look brand-new when they go back.
Honda ex-management cars - local yokel
I knew a lad who was a fleet sales manager for a well known French car company based in Slough. He loved real ale and curry, but the cars ran on liqud fuels, not methane.

I'm not sure I'd have bought a car he'd used for six days, let alone six months.
Honda ex-management cars - f2
If you ever have cause to visit Swindon (don't ask), you will notice rather a lot of Civics and CRV's. The reason for this is that the Honda factory that builds civics and CRV's is located on the edge of town and a car lease scheme that includes servicing and insurance is available for employees at a favourable rate. Some of the cars will have been genuinely cared for (I know of a few families who cherish theirs) and some of them are routinely thrashed, as ultimately, any long term damage will be someone else's problem.

I guess the usual rules apply: buyer beware.
f2