astra coolant plug - fence
Im having trouble realeasing the drain plug on my 1600 astra.The manual instructs you to undo wth your hands.The plug is orange and about the size of a small bottle top.It has grooved edges,and almost what looks like small "keyhole" locator holes on the surface.Is there a special key that fits,or should I try to use a bit more pressure to release it.Many thanks
astra coolant plug - Dynamic Dave
I wasn't aware there was a drain plug as such. I've always drained the majority of the coolant by just removing the bottom hose from the rad.
astra coolant plug - SpamCan61 {P}
>>I wasn't aware there was a drain plug as such. I've always drained the majority of the coolant by just removing the bottom hose from the rad.

LOL, yep I've been doing it the messy way for years as well. Then I noticed that the Omega actually has a drain plug, with a spout designed to be connected to a pipe for drainage; sounds like the Astra has the same. In answer to the OP I found that on the Omega ( and probably the Astra) a large flat bladed screwdriver fiited the slot in the middle of the drain plug. It was flippin tight though.