What is life like with your car? Let us know and win £500 in John Lewis vouchers | No thanks
New Honda Legend - P.Mason {P}
I haven't seen the new Legend on this site - following url has some good pics. I like the design. Any comments from other backroomers?

tinyurl.com/jo5t2

P.
New Honda Legend - Stuartli
I like the design as well - however it reminds me of a Mazda 3.
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
What\'s for you won\'t pass you by
New Honda Legend - DP
I like it a lot.

Auto Express tested it quite recently against the E-class, 5 series and Citroen C6 and were quite complementary about it. Apparently it goes well, handles well, rides well, has every conceivable gadget or extra you could ever want, and is beautifully built. Their main criticisms (apart from that old chestnut, "prestige"), were the engine which was thirsty (struggled to better 20 mpg on test) and lacked torque so had to be worked hard. They also pointed out the interior which is old school Japanese luxury car - buttons and switches absolutely everywhere, and made out of so-so materials. I have to say looking at the interior shots of the Legend and E-class next to each other, I could see their point, and that's with Merc quality well off its best.

If it's anything like the old Legend, surely it's one to buy at 3 years old when its quality and reliability means it will still drive like new, and market snobbery means it will set you back about the same as a new Fiesta.

Cheers
DP
New Honda Legend - mike hannon
I'm already looking forward to mine - maybe about five years from now. My last Legend (albeit a coupe) was the nicest car I ever owned.
And what's wrong with a lot of buttons and switches? That was a big selling point with Jaguars for donkey's years - and they didn't have illumination so you didn't know what was what in the dark!
I think there's an interesting comparison here between the new Legend and the 300C. Grace versus aggression, it seems to me...
New Honda Legend - Dipstick
Those are much better pictures than in the Legend brochure. I picked one up last month and was taken aback to discover it almost entirely features a black car in a darkroom with the lights out.

Utterly dreadful way of selling a vehicle.

The car itself looks interesting though, when you can see it.
New Honda Legend - drbe
Honda don't seem to have mastered this fuel economy thing, do they?

A numbers of proud owners of Accords complain that the fuel consumption is poor - both petrol and diesel, if I recall correrctly.
New Honda Legend - stunorthants
Id like to point out that at this end of the market, if you can afford the car, you can afford the fuel consumption.
Nobody buys a 7-series hoping to squeeze 50 mpg out of one because the sort of people who buy such cars are more concerned with buying a superb motor car that will isolate them from the world - I have many customers with large saloons, such as Jaguars, Mercs and Lexus' and fuel comsumption is a dirty word unless its a company car and they are paying, in which case, they discuss it in budget meetings!

New Honda Legend - DP
Honda don't seem to have mastered this fuel economy thing, do
they?
A numbers of proud owners of Accords complain that the fuel
consumption is poor - both petrol and diesel, if I recall
correrctly.

Not aware of it so much on the cars, but it's certainly true on their top end performance bikes. Honda's performance bikes are usually the thirstiest in group tests with some models dipping into the 20's when caned.

Not good when you only have a 4 gallon tank.

Cheers
DP
New Honda Legend - Murphy The Cat
I think there's an interesting comparison here between the new Legend
and the 300C.

Beauty & The Beast :)

I think that the new Legend looks absolutely gorgeous - if smmoth, stylish and refined looking is your thing.
Quite a lot of money though, but then again you're getting quite a lot of technology. I think that it will bomb in the UK unless a decent diesel engine puts in an appearence.

MTC
New Honda Legend - type's'
>>Honda don't seem to have mastered this fuel economy thing, do they?<<

I thought from reading previous threads that Honda engines seem to achieve the mpg figures after about 20-30K when they were run in - like the Subaru engines. I'm not trying to defend Honda - just clarifying my thoughts from reading previous stuff on here.
I have never measured the mpg on my accord so cannot really say either way.
As the man says if your into measuring a couple of mpg either way then you won't be buying a Legend - maybe a Polo diesel instead.
New Honda Legend - Vin {P}
" Id like to point out that at this end of the market, if you can afford the car, you can afford the fuel consumption. "

The problem comes when someone is trying to sell it three years old and it's a cheapish car. Then the consumption becomes a problem.

V
New Honda Legend - mike hannon
Not necessarily. You just accept.
They used to say 'if you can't afford to buy it when it's new, you can't afford to run it when it's old' but I think there's a time in between when the economics - depreciated price v running costs - can make it sensible to buy and enjoy.