What is life like with your car? Let us know and win £500 in John Lewis vouchers | No thanks
Picture of an Ariel KH Red Hunter Twin - Alwyn
Just found this, thanks to Big Al.

www.nalynn.btinternet.co.uk/Ariel1953500cctwin.htm
Re: Picture of an Ariel KH Red Hunter Twin - BigAl
Interesting bike site, thanks. I reckon my mate's bike must have been the Ariel NH Hunter, then. It was definitely a 350 single; it had swinging arm suspension and a pillion seat, which I believe, was standard. It looked later than the 350 Red Hunter pictured on the website. He chopped it in for a Sunbeam S7 ! At that time, I was riding an Ambassador Popular with a Villiers 9E 197cc 3 speed engine. Like a fool I sold it for £4 - it must have been the only one left in the world!
Re: Picture of an Ariel KH Red Hunter Twin - T.G.Webb
Was that Ambassador the one with the girder front forks and solid rear end?
Re: Picture of an Ariel KH Red Hunter Twin - Alwyn

My daddy had a 1939 350 BSA Silver Star with twin exhaust ports and upswept pipes. I used use to burn my legs (short trousers) on them quite often during the school run!!!!!!!!!

Remember the names?

Francis Barnett, James, DOT, Velocette, Gold Star BSA, Triumph Thunderbird, BSA Gold Flash, Triumph Twenty One in silver blue, Triumph Speed Twin in maroon?

I remember riding a BSA M20 combination for the first time and, thinking I could "lean" around a corner, ended up on the grass. Worra plonker
Can I have my time again Lord?
Re: Picture of an Ariel KH Red Hunter Twin - THe Growler
I had a white and black Ambassador with the Villiers 2T 250 cc twin 2-stroke engine. With the throttle would right to the stop in 3rd it would belch out a superb white cloud of smoke for miles behind much to others' annoyance.