What is life like with your car? Let us know and win £500 in John Lewis vouchers | No thanks
Bumper to Bumper - pugugly
Whilst enjoying a late lunch today watched a programme, Bumper to Bumper on Discovery H&L. Interesting article about TRL, especially the bit about the development of external airbags to protect the "6 year old boys typically involved in pedestrian accidents " and a somewhat different spin on a road test where they tested a 206cc along with a Great Drive (in Suffolk) where there was more emphasis on the scenery than the car, refreshing change really, felt a bit like Phil Llewellyn's style, one time scribe in Car magazine, where the cars were sometimes secondary to the envioroment (note small E) they were used in, always made for an entertaining read.

One nice stat, gleaned from BtoB, for the number crunchers amongst you. In 193? there were 2.3million cars on the UK roads and 7,600 deaths. in 2001 there were 23m cars and 3,600 deaths.
Re: Bumper to Bumper - Steve G
This programme is on meridian TV (thursday i think) quite late.Currently repeating last years episodes.It has Tim Harvey as one of the presenters,this week took he the new Morgan round Brands hatch and a new M3 for a trip where Dads Army was filmed.
Enjoyable programme.
Re: Bumper to Bumper - Big Vern
It gets my thumbs up, I wonder who they get to use the fancy simulator to evaluate new road layouts, I would fancy a go myself!