By bye, Barchetta - barchettaman
A sad day in Castello Barchetta.
After 2 years of fault-free service, bar the replacement of the (original) battery, the Barchetta has been sold. There was just now way I could safely get Mrs B and BabyBarchetta in safely, as the cot kept flying off the boot rack at 60 mph, no matter how much gaffer tape I used :-)
So that´s that. A fun little car that should continue giving its new owners good service, and in a soppy emotional way I´m pleased it´s gone to a good home ? a very nice young couple took it away, absolutely delighted. I was pretty pleased too ? depreciation of ?100 in 2 years isn´t too bad.
However I shall remain Barchettaman if that´s OK. I don´t plan any RenaultFamily / TVM style transformations. Plus being AstraMan is, well, just a bit too depressing.
Regards all,
Barchettaman
By bye, Barchetta - tr7v8
£100 depreciation that's got to be better than thee German thingies isn't it!
That'll quieten the "Not having Italian they depreciate too much bunch as well"

I agree Astra man would be depressing!
By bye, Barchetta - Lud
My sympathies barchettaman.

Another as a second car later in life perhaps...
By bye, Barchetta - TrevorH
All is not lost.

I, too, disposed of an two seater (albeit an MGF) when my son was due. Omega ownership was sufficiently depressing to ensure on his third birthday I got myself a replacement MGF. He'll be eight next month and I still have the F. Mrs H drives the family wagon. He only ever goes on occasional short trips in a forward facing booster seat and he loves it to bits. Even so I ensured the replacement F came without a passenger airbag fitted. Not sure if this possible with a Barchetta.
By bye, Barchetta - bell boy
no im sorry but if the barachet has gone you must be known as astraman ive sent my complaint to the moderators ;-0
signed anonymusk...................
By bye, Barchetta - J Bonington Jagworth
Families, eh? Still, you should be in the market again in a decade or two!

As you're hanging on to your moniker, I may consider returning as Ginettaman... :-)
BTW apologies for the dreadful typo in the subject header. Tears in my eyes.....
By bye, Barchetta - Altea Ego
I think Skoda Man has a nice good ring to it. Bora man would have suitable feel.

Here borrow my hankey Barchetta, send it back washed please.
------------------------------
TourVanMan TM < Ex RF >
By bye, Barchetta - SjB {P}
From the outset of when the the missus and I purchased our V70 back in 2003 we have had in mind ownership of eight years or more; I'd run it for four or five years before selling her 306 Sedan, handing over the keys for V70 use as a family bus, and buying something smaller for myself.

Though she knows that she gets the V70 keys, she still doesn't know that I'm hoping "something smaller" will be in the shape of an Atom, Elise, Exige, or similar! ;-) Working from home for much of the time and travelling abroad for the remainder is the enabler, but it still assumes that the impending kids haven't totally emptied the bank account by then.
....."something smaller" will be in the shape of an Atom, Elise, Exige, or similar!.......

I can recommend a small, good value Italian roadster.... if you get a good one (which we did, fortunately).
The route up through the garages here at home takes me past an Exige and an Elise, with a Z3 opposite. Hurts a bit.
Ah well, life goes on.
The Barchetta doesn't do it for me but I can understand why it did for you, and you have my sympathies; I'd be the same if parted from my Hornet motorycycle! It's a good job that life does go on!
By bye, Barchetta - J Bonington Jagworth
Glad to hear the Hornet is still entertaining SjB. Sounds like you plan to keep it...
Indeed so, JBJ!
Eight years from new, still looks like new, and still entertains like new.

Do you still have your GS500?

As an aside; I lost my grandfather last Sunday, aged 92, he having ridden motorbikes for much of his life, including on the road from age 12 (licenced from 14!) and in competition. He lived in the Cotswolds all his life, so with me now living near Stratford-upon-Avon, it seemed fitting to get up at sparrows o'clock this morning and with a chill and occasional mist in the air, ride to some of the places he too had enjoyed on two wheels. From the fast sweepers along the Fosse Way to serpentines near Toddington; to pegs almost decked down up Broadway hill, winding on in the power band of each exit and with bars gently shimmying as befits this 16" front end's reputation*; to soaking up the sun and gently cruising in the beautiful countryside near Chipping Campden where Papa went to Grammar School. With the grockles still in bed I had a ball; another memorable ride on the Hornet and one of those flowing rides where it all seamlessly clicks. I hope I did him proud.

From 2000 onwards the Hornet came with a 17" front wheel and narrower tyre with taller aspect ratio; in came more high speed stability but out of the window went the terrific agility of the earlier machines; relax, and you only have to think where you want to point them.
By bye, Barchetta - Pugugly {P}
nice tribute that.
By bye, Barchetta - Avant
Indeed. He's have been proud of you, Steve, as no doubt he was. Good that he lived long enough to know you enjoyed your Hornet.
Kind words, both, thank you.
Reading it back it should have been more efficiently written, but I'm glad the sentiment came over intact.