What is life like with your car? Let us know and win £500 in John Lewis vouchers | No thanks
Fuel Duty Escalator Again? - Kevin
Yet again, motorists appear to be in the firing line. This time from the Tories:

"Tories plan 'painful rises' in car and air tax"

"This is about rebalancing taxation so that, yes, you will pay more in green taxes. You will, for example, see the reintroduction of a fuel duty escalator, I'm quite sure," Mr Norris told BBC Radio 4's World at One."

www.telegraph.co.uk/news/main.jhtml?xml=/news/2006...l

Kevin...
Fuel Duty Escalator Again? - paulb {P}
Well, they introduced the thing in the first place so of course they'll want it back!

Joking aside, I take this sort of silly comment to be a signal to the electorate that they don't fancy being voted back in just yet.

Can all politicians, roads ministers and anyone else with any control over UK transport policy please note: the overwhelming majority of us own and use cars because we have to, and not because we enjoy it. See a post of mine a few weeks ago re. road pricing for my full opinion on this point. Also, please try to understand that Notting Hill to Westminster is not a long-distance commute.
Fuel Duty Escalator Again? - midlifecrisis
Well, I was going to vote for them to get the current lying shower out! I'm going to have to look elsewhere now. I remember the days in Russia when lanes were reserved for Politicians and ordinary mortals couldn't afford to be on the roads. Seems to be a pattern emerging.
Fuel Duty Escalator Again? - nick
Well, I was going to vote for them to get the
current lying shower out! I'm going to have to look elsewhere
now. I remember the days in Russia when lanes were reserved
for Politicians and ordinary mortals couldn't afford to be on the
roads. Seems to be a pattern emerging.

The trouble is, there doesn't seem to be anyone worth voting for.
Fuel Duty Escalator Again? - kithmo
Air tax !.......... I'm gonna hold my breath. :-(
Fuel Duty Escalator Again? - GregSwain
The trouble is, there doesn't seem to be anyone worth voting for.

There is, but there's so much "politically correct" propaganda against the parties worth voting for, that everyone's afraid to vote for them.