What is life like with your car? Let us know and win £500 in John Lewis vouchers | No thanks
Ford Radio 6000 CD - Peter C68
Hi, I have a 6000-CD stereo in my Focus (2002 - 51) of which I've had since new and 2 weeks ago lost all reception to FM Radio channels. I can receive AM/MW stations no problem, CD is working OK, but no longer get FM stations.

Removed Radio to confirm Aerial is still connected.

Does anyone have any suggestions?
Ford Radio 6000 CD - LeePower
Check the other end of the aerial cable where it attaches under the roof / mast area.

Also might be an aerial amplifier unit thats gone faulty, No idea if the Focus has one fitted but most newer cars do.
Ford Radio 6000 CD - MikeTorque
Maybe a loose connection somewhere or a connection wire has broken somewhere.
A Ford dealer should be able to trace the problem easily enough with their circuit tracers/testers etc.
Ford Radio 6000 CD - caesar
Removed Radio to confirm Aerial is still connected.

Sorry i do not have a solution but as you know how to remove it cant you find a replacement(just to confirm the head units not at fault) to try.
Everybody knows somebody with a focus, and the dealer price to repair no dought will bring tears to your eyes.
Ford Radio 6000 CD - jc2
Dealers do not repair radios-they fit another one in their place.The set is sent back to the manufacturer who will scrap(most likely) or it will be sold off to the trade(if it's only a minor repair).
Ford Radio 6000 CD - Falkirk Bairn
Cheapest Solution probably a new CD/radio (£50-80) and get a plastic kit to fill the space on the dashboard although there are places that repair sets - however this could be more than the cost of a Halford's after market CD/Radio
Ford Radio 6000 CD - Galaxy
A better solution, provided it's actually the radio itself which is at fault, might be to buy another Ford 6000 Radio/CD on Ebay.

Plenty on offer, my brother bought one earlier this year and I fitted it for him, no problems!

Ford Radio 6000 CD - cheddar
I had a Vectra where the radio aerial amp failed a couple of time causing the symptoms you describe, the radio unit itself was fine though.
Ford Radio 6000 CD - DP
I agree with Galaxy. We got a mint 6000CD for the Fiesta, complete with instruction manual and the original code label for £55 off Ebay last year.

All the Ford "double DIN" stereos are plug and play. Swapping the old 3000 tape deck for this took less than a minute, including putting the code in.
I agree with Galaxy. >>

Yes but there may well be nothing wrong with the unit, the symptoms point to an aerial amplifier problem.
Ford Radio 6000 CD - DP
Yes but there may well be nothing wrong with the unit,
the symptoms point to an aerial amplifier problem.

Galaxy made the point "provided it's actually the radio itself".

OK, just wanted the OP to check it out before buying a new unit that may not solve the prob.
Ford Radio 6000 CD - Galaxy
Well said, DP! Thank you.

Ford Radio 6000 CD - rover 75
I know it sounds stupid, a few years ago swbo came home from work and said the car radio had stopped working, I went out in the dark to check, took the radio ,out nothing amiss said i'd have a proper look at the weekend in the light. After spending some time with the radio out I realised someone had pinched the aerial !
Ford Radio 6000 CD - kpf16

About two weeks ago i lost all am/wm radio but still had fm then last week i lost fm as well. I checked i had an arial still and i did. I then brought a replacment radio and i still have the same problem. No fm or am or wm radios at all it just scans and picks up nothing any ideas?

Ford Radio 6000 CD - kithmo

I don't know if it's the same with the Focus, but I'm pretty sure the 2001 Mk3 Mondeo I had used part of the heated rear screen as the FM aerial and there was a small black block in the wiring in the boot that amplified it. Check the wiring to the rear screen.

Ford Radio 6000 CD - Kevin1964

I had the same problem, lost FM reception.

A lot of people have mentioned the IC on the Tuner board, what I found to be the problem was a capacitor on the same board, there is a group of 47uf caps, and I changed the one furthest from the IC on the right hand side of the board, its been working for a week now and no problems.

If you cut the shield you can change it without taking the whole board out.

Ford Radio 6000 CD - Evjnes
I replaced this 47uf capacitor as suggested but it did not work for me, im wondering how how you identified it as being bad.

Edited by Evjnes on 01/06/2018 at 13:43