S reg 1.3 Ka - very sluggish - eurocourier
Surely should have more go than this?! Was being overtaken uphill by lorries on the A23, having to change down just to make it up some of 'em...

Had a quick look to make sure brakes aren't binding or incorrectly adjusted, nothing hot or obviously amiss.

Belongs to girlfriend, 24,000 miles, been standing for few months but was same before that she says.

Any ideas please?

Simon.
S reg 1.3 Ka - very sluggish - eurocourier
Hills that is, not the lorries...
S reg 1.3 Ka - very sluggish - Pete M
Check that nothing is blocking the engine air intake. I had a Mazda 626 that had seemed down on power ever since I bought it. After many, many investigations, the engine air intake was traced to a small pipe hidden in the wing. A piece of the anti-rattle foam had become dislodged and was blocking the intake. Removing it restored the power.
S reg 1.3 Ka - very sluggish - blue_haddock
I'd look at giving it a good service - oil, filters, plugs etc then give it a good italian tune up.
S reg 1.3 Ka - very sluggish - spikeyhead {p}
the service idea is a good one.

Do a forum search on teh grief of removing the plugs in this engine. Its likely that they've never been changed. They may well be rusted in place.
--
I read often, only post occasionally
S reg 1.3 Ka - very sluggish - Screwloose

Cat?
S reg 1.3 Ka - very sluggish - bell boy
Back box wadding collapsed ......?
Typical ford problem and it doesnt help that its been stood.................
The rings may well be gummed as said so the blast idea is certainly worth a try ,blackpool is my prefered location bag of chips stick of rock and back up the m55 .......must look at the irish sea next time i"m there.............