What is life like with your car? Let us know and win £500 in John Lewis vouchers | No thanks
Ford KA luxury. - lasvegas
I am looking to sell my fiances Ford KA luxury. It is a 51 plate with 40000 miles on the clock and has every extra that Ford could cram in . It has A/C , E/W, CD CHANGER, LEATHER SEATS, E/SROOF, HEATED WINDSCREEN. The problem is I am struggling as to what would be a correct price to sell it for . I have put it through all relevant price guiding websites and they all differ , some vary quite considerably. I think for the condition of the car and the spec that £3650 would be a fair price. What do you think ?
Ford KA luxury. - Xileno {P}
The market for luxury small cars is a bit odd. Small cars are best as budget runabouts IMO.
Ford KA luxury. - Hugo {P}
have you tried searching e bay?
Ford KA luxury. - Bill Payer
I struggled a few years ago with a Clio 1.6RXE and couldn't even get the Glass's guide price when we p/x'd it.

Problem was that what it was "worth" was very close to the price of a new (basic) Clio. Suspect you'll have the same problem.

If you're in no rush, and you live in (or near) a wealthy area, it might be worth a punt at a high price. You never know - not everyone is aware of current prices.
Ford KA luxury. - Falkirk Bairn
Brand new KA Collection under £6,000 -
Not has well kitted out as yours but 5 years newer + Warranty
makes £3600 look very expensive for your car.
Ford KA luxury. - daveyjp
Come new reg time our local main dealer usually has a few pre reg base model Kas to shift. IIRC last time round they were up for £4,699. Of the extras in the OP car a/c is the only thing I'd really miss.
Ford KA luxury. - local yokel
I'd suggest that all those extras carry very little value when the car is being sold at that age. Will help sell it, but won't add much value.

Value as per the standard model, and add no more than 15%, I'd suggest.
Ford KA luxury. - Altea Ego
Hmmm

I am not sure. You see plenty of ka "Collection" of that vintage and condition on delears lots for around the 3.1k to 3.5k mark retail. The luxury is as rare as hens teeth, which means it might make a premium or sink without a trace.
------------------------------
TourVanMan TM < Ex RF >
Ford KA luxury. - bell boy
i think the posh area bit was best.......
most people buying s/h ka"s are people that at one time would have bought a renault 5 or similar ,they are usually semi professional and dead tight so will want either a basic car (for the wife or daughter) or want all the bells and whistles for nowt.
Therefore OP in my opinion the best of luck .......as its not the ideal car to to have ...
at one time this type of specced car would have been classed as a "ghia" and every council house tenant worth his salt would have wanted to aspire to one....
i think the posh area bit was best.......
most people buying s/h ka"s are people that at one time
would have bought a renault 5 or similar ,they are usually
semi professional and dead tight so will want either a basic
car (for the wife or daughter) or want all the bells
and whistles for nowt.

Oh I dont know - look at the people who'll spend £25K on a Mercedes A Class.

Probably the main issue is that the sort of person who would buy that spec of Ka would quite happily buy a new one.

I sold a 106 to a local estate agent a few yrs ago for his daughter to take to Uni - he'd just decided on a 106 and paid my full asking price. He was more interested in getting a good 106 and I don't think he could have cared less about the price. Actually a good attitude, I think - many people look for weeks without thinking about how much their time is worth.
Ford KA luxury. - bell boy
as i said Bill Payer car for daughter or wife you cant get more basic than a 106 unless its a roland and the £25k mercedes egg cart will most definately have gone to some "posh area"
i rest my case...;-)
as i said Bill Payer car for daughter or wife
you cant get more basic than a 106 unless its
a roland ...

Mine (wifey's really) was *very* expensive though! It was a J reg (early 1992) 106XS that I paid £7000 for new, and sold to the estate agents daughter in 1998 for £3750!!!
Did quite well with the Polo it replaced too - paid £5K for that in 1986 and sold (early 92) for £2600 (and had people offering more, after it had been sold!).

Some of the local posh people are tight though - I sold one of the kids bikes that looked brand-new for half its new price. The woman who bought it turned up 5 mins after the local Buy/Sell was published in a brand new Volvo estate and quibbled about mud on the bikes tyres and tried to knock the price down.

Back to the Ka Luxury theme, the Clio 1.6RXE we bought in 1998 was (relative to the others) a disaster. Paid £11K but didn't fancy trying it privately (ins group too high, I thought) and best p/x I could get (against a Jazz) was £3300 in 2003. Although I did get a £600 refund of the 5 yr Renault warranty that I bought with it as we'd never made a claim.