What is life like with your car? Let us know and win £500 in John Lewis vouchers | No thanks
'Lifting the Bonnet' on BBC2 - Dave N
Thought I'd get in first,as I suspect there may be a few comments.

I only learned 2 things from it:-

The guy was a ringer, because 'he's even wearing gloves'. Maybe I am too, as I also wear gloves, along with everyone else that works on cars, I suspect.

And that a second-hand car dealer didn't know how a chassis number was changed, till he saw it on the film.

Utter utter rubbish. I don't think Mike Brewer and his crew have much to worry about.

As I write, I'm watching Right car, wrong car. Isn't it the same as Deals On Wheels, but with crap presenters?
Re: 'Lifting the Bonnet' on BBC2 - Alfred
Concept of show - new v old - was ok.

Style & presentation - same marks as a Norwegian entry to the Eurovision song contest.

At least he made the right choice.
Re: 'Lifting the Bonnet' on BBC2 - Andy
What a bunch of amateurs! They let the cat out of the bag by pouncing on Jason the 'ringer', and then wonder why Johnny has disappeared!
Re: 'Lifting the Bonnet' on BBC2 - CM
But it makes better TV if Johnny disappears because it adds that mysterious touch and those who have a nice motor might be next....
Re: 'Lifting the Bonnet' on BBC2 - Steve G
You have to wonder just how thick these programme makers think the British public are. I could swear this programme was for childrens BBC.
Why did they not offer advice to viewers about checking a cars identity ? You could see Jason's attempts at stamping numbers had been poor (not in straight line). What about the rivets on the VIN tag ...another clue. Did they change the windows which may have been etched with the VIN ? What about the V5 ? Engine number ?
Totally missed a chance to educate people on how to avoid ringers.
Re: 'Lifting the Bonnet' on BBC2 - Alwyn
Yes that Merc they checked in the container had the cleanest ID plate and VIN stamp I have ever seen. And lovely new pop rivets.
Re: 'Lifting the Bonnet' on BBC2 - Ian Cook
Thanks, guys. I was out last night, so I had to set the video. I chose Driven. Looks like I got it right.

Ian
Re: 'Lifting the Bonnet' on BBC2 - Pete
They were ringing a fairly modern car. How did they change the VIN number which is buried in the dashboard and legible thru the front windsreen, introduced as anti-ringing measure? What a load of dross the programme was, and for this we pay over £100 licence fee; it is about as poor value as "Road Tax"!!
Re: 'Lifting the Bonnet' on BBC2 - T.Lucas
If plod could be bothered they could go to Tilbury or Southampton Docks just about any day of the week and find plenty of stolen cars waiting to be exported,probably too easy,and once they are gone thats it.I saw a piece this week that suggested that Dock workers should be more vigilant for stolen motors,like thats going to happen on minimum wage.Maybe the ins co could offer a cash incentive,perhaps 500 quid a car,that would stop a few.
Re: 'Lifting the Bonnet' on BBC2 - David W
Just watched on the video.

A two minute idea stretched to half an hour.

David
Re: 'Lifting the Bonnet' on BBC2 - Simon Saxton

I watched the first 5 minutes & fell asleep.
regards
Simon