What is life like with your car? Let us know and win £500 in John Lewis vouchers | No thanks
WS Manual VW Polo - Dwight Van Driver
I have recently acquired a 1999 VW Polo Estate 1.6CL for beloved daughter.
I would like to get to know more about it and maybe carry out minor repairs.
I have contacted Haynes and they do not have a publication to cover my needs.
Enquires at The Gin Palace where it came from reveals that a 'pukka' Workshop Manual (WSM) could set me back in excess of £100.

I seem to recall that there used to be a Magazine dealing solely with V.W's where perhaps publications similar and almost identical to a WSM 's could be obtained at a much reduced cost and on par with that advertised in LandRover Magazine.(Disco - £47).

Can anybody advise please?

DVD
Re: WS Manual VW Polo - Ian Cook
DVD

Before you write off Haynes, pop in to Halfords and have a thumb through the manual for the previous version of your car. It may not be significantly different in the important areas. I did this with the Xantia HDi (no manual, so I use the previous TD version).

After all, if you're into to serious mechanical work then it's probably into the Gin Palace anyway.

HTH

Ian
Re: WS Manual VW Polo - AndyS
DVD:

You're probably aware, if I am right, that the Polo estate (and saloon) has more in common with the Seat Ibiza of similar vintage than it does with the Polo hatch. A quick search on the web reveals that Haynes do a manual for the 93-99 Ibiza - I wonder if this will be helpful to you. Maybe a Seat dealer would be able to offer some advice?

It's also probable that there is a better manual somewhere that an expert will be able to guide you in the direction of.

Someone please correct me if I'm wrong about the Seat connection!

hth

Andy
Re: WS Manual VW Polo - mike harvey
Dwight, what info do you want. For routine service, cambelts, torques etc we have Autodata, and I will print off and post with pleasure if you email me with your address.
Regards
Mike