What is life like with your car? Let us know and win £500 in John Lewis vouchers | No thanks
I fought the wall, and the wall won.... - PW
Morning all,

Been a bit of a prize turnip over the weekend, tried to negotiate quite a tight turn in local multistory, thought had got through then heard the dreaded scraping as rear n/s door caught the brickwork.

Has left quite a nasty gash that about 5 cms long, but spread out over a height of about 10 cms. Is very uneven, and gone back to the metal in one part (although not extensively). Think a lot of it will polish out, but will need a respray to get the worst of it out.

Can anyone recommend a good, cheap resprayer in the Weston Super Mare area? Many thanks for the help, and before anyone says it guess the certificate for advanced muppetry is in the post.

Most galling bit was decided didn't like the bay I was going for after all so went off somewhere else!
I fought the wall, and the wall won.... - cheddar
Dave Pople in Cheddar has a good reputation.
Many thanks Cheddar- will check that one out.
I fought the wall, and the wall won.... - Hamsafar
Don't poliah it, as it will make the painting job a lot harder, bet to let them use their own wax/silicone free cutting compunds. Hard luck, but as I think you can have as many parking accidents as you like as on a scale of what could happen they're very minor!
I fought the wall, and the wall won.... - Carrow
Autowizzard & Motorbodies, 2 bodyshops next to each other on the Longton Ind Estate. The first one does all the scrapes for our company vehicles, the 2nd does a lot of work for the council.
Thanks for both of those, especially the tip about polishing as was going to do this (this was suggested to prevent rust). Will probably get done ASAP to prevent any rust- and to diminish my own embarrasment.
PS Carrow- Autowizzard are only 5 minutes from my house so will give them a ring. Many thanks.
Just to update. Had another recomendation for Motorbodies, so the car went in on Saturday. Quote was comparable with others and have even got a courtesy car (R reg Fiat Punto!). Unfortunately is going to need front door and rear panel respray too (got marks running down all 3 panels).

Many thanks to all for the help.

Pete.
I fought the wall, and the wall won.... - Pugugly {P}
This is the type of thing that happens to me, decide that one course of action isn't for me then some disaster happens !
Got the car back last night and it is perfect. No evidence of scratch ever being there- or that the car has had a respray so am a very happy man. Added bonus is that they are also extremely friendly people working in there.

Many thanks again for the recommendation Carrow- and thanks to all for the comments.

And yes, I am driving very carefully now.
I fought the wall, and the wall won.... - wotspur
so what sort of dosh was it, or was it bad enough to claim on your insurance?
I had a lump of something hit the bonnet of my Espace a few months back, quite a deep indentation, but fortunately it doesn't seem to have broken through the paintwork- any suggestion of whom near to Weybridge in Surrey might be worth contacting and any idea of costs- please
All in was £430. Didnt go through insurance as set my excess quite high earlier in the year when I renewed so wasnt worth it- although the Direct line do know I've had the work done.

Cost was quite high because of having the 3 panels done- but had marks from where previous owner had been into hedges running length of body so had to have the 3 panels done- but was purely a paint job as the metalwork wasnt dented.

Have you tried Dentmaster or similar for your Espace? Sounds like it just needs pulling out.
I fought the wall, and the wall won.... - PST
Wotspur

About 6 months ago I used a company called Littleknocks - www.littleknocks.co.uk - to repair the wife's new Scenic which was attacked by a gate post. Two other companies said it needed a new door skin, LittleKnocks said they could use their "invisible repair" technique.

Upshot was a superb job (perfect paint and lacquer match too) plus an unasked for repair to another small scrape on the other side of the car because "we had some paint left over".

In addition, they were very friendly, efficient and I paid less than £200. A very satisfied customer.

Their main outfit is in Harefield, Middlesex and they have another branch in Wokingham.

PST