Headlight chrome-in a can?? - ssray
is there any spray paint that will replace my headlight chrome on my 1993 seat toledo,. it failed it`s mot on poor headlights so i cleaned the glass and noticed the chrome(on plastic) was poor so i resprayed with `chrome` paint but it`s just a bit more shiny silver, i`ve seen cans with chrome tops but cant rember were??
Thanks Ray
Headlight chrome-in a can?? - bell boy
ive just repainted my chrome wheeltrims with chrome paint (homebase or b@q sold it to me) but its not as reflective as the real thing,you could try it and try some lacquer on top.
ive done a google search and you can buy new ones for £40 all my suppliers ive checked dont list this model at all........ebay.co.uk/................. type in ...........SEAT-IBIZA-1993-1996-HEADLAMPS-HEADLIGHTS-FRONT ,,,,try googling that
cheers oldman, seat want £107+vat each. i have tried local motorfactors to no avail now if it was a ford!!!!!
Headlight chrome-in a can?? - Hamsafar
I think you need a mirror finish, otherwise the light will be diffused and scattered, that will annoy other road users and not give a proper projected beam on the road.
Headlight chrome-in a can?? - ndbw
Just after the war when we were allowed to throw away our headlamp masks,most people found the reflectors had turned to a brass colour,a thriving industry grew up resilvering them at a cost of one shilling per inch diameter,I expect someone in the jewelry trade could assist though I suspect it would be expensive.

ndbw
Headlight chrome-in a can?? - Galaxy
I think that a metal finishing company could rechrome your reflectors, even on a plastic base as yours obviously are.

However, I'm afraid I have absolutely no idea how much this work would cost, it could cost as much as buying new reflectors, but it might be worth making one or two enquiries.

Another process which would restore your reflectors is to have them Vacuum Coated with something like aluminium. I don't know where you would be able to get this done, though.

i have sprayed with simonz chrome paint,which is a slightly more shiny silver but still no ware near shiny enough, the beam is quite good as your lenses take care of a lot of that, i also made a upgraded wiring loom and fitted 100w bulbs to allow for any losses. off to b&q later,may get a mot before next year!!!!
Headlight chrome-in a can?? - Peter D
the extra heat from the bulbs will soon cause the paint to deteriate I'm afraid. A lot of the plating places won't do it becuase it is a used item and they say it will contaminate the plating baths. Some comapny will do them but they do them in batches just before new chemicals are due. Regards Peter