What is life like with your car? Let us know and win £500 in John Lewis vouchers | No thanks
Finding old registration numbers ?? - autumnboy
I've been searching for an old registration number I or my father had on our cars in the 60/70's.

But can't find them listed anywhere on the various sites.

Is there anyway of finding these old registrations, even if knowing the vehicle has been scrapped long ago.
Finding old registration numbers ?? - Peter D
Ask DVLA if it still exists, don't ask who owns it as that is under the DPA but can be overcome. Use the RAC vehicle check function and enter your reg free. Regards Peter
Finding old registration numbers ?? - Wales Forester
Worth a look on www.vehiclelicence.gov.uk
Go to 'Vehicle Enquiry' and try entering the registration number and make. If it's on the system you'll see when it was last due to run out of tax or when the tax is due if it's still a runner.
Finding old registration numbers ?? - mfarrow
Worth a look on www.vehiclelicence.gov.uk

Difficult if it's on a different make of car now, so search RAC first.

--------------
Mike Farrow
Finding old registration numbers ?? - marauder
Have you tried www.cherishedregistrations.net
Their forum at www.pl4tes.co.uk has a thread about finding old registration numbers.

Edited by marauder on 09/10/2007 at 15:29

Finding old registration numbers ?? - marauder
Here is the link.

www.pl4tes.co.uk/forums/viewtopic.php?t=41
Finding old registration numbers ?? - mal
If there is a vehicle out there with the number on a V5 it will be on the RAC site.

preview.tinyurl.com/2f6rye

I just found a number I had 40 years ago on a motorcycle.
Finding old registration numbers ?? - jdb70

Was you trying to purchase you old REG? I've found out that my old REG is now 'sorn' does this mean it could be bought.

Finding old registration numbers ?? - Avant

www.mycarcheck.com

will tell you for free whether a car is still on the road and if so what sort of car it is.