LBC today - Honest John
If any of you are listening to the radio today, switch over to LBC and you'll find me there from 2.00pm to 3.00pm. Gosh, is that the time? Gotta go.

HJ
Re: LBC today - Lee H
And if anyone's outside the London area, you can listen to it on the Internet.

www.lbc.co.uk

Lee.
Re: LBC today - Alyn Beattie
Leev
What do you mean "If" anyone is outside the London area. Most of the population of Great Britain live outside of it (Thank God)
Re: LBC today - Flat in Fifth
Go on the Lee, I can't get this to work, Windows media player fails to open the file, and tried through the radio station tool bar on IE and just get, "this content is witheld on the request of the rights holder"

sorry HJ tried but failed. any advice?
Re: LBC today - Mark (Brazil)
John,

Totally outstanding plug of the backroom - no way was the girlie stopping your references ! We should get some extra visits out of that !!

I've never been wished happy birthday on radio before - thanks.

M.
media player won`t help, you need Real Player.

If you`ve got that, then clicking on the tool bar of the websites is all I did.
Lady thinks her car is broken with bad starting - 10 bucks says its her starting technique.
Just missed it. - David W
Rushed in from the workshop and dialled up LBC at about 2pm, why wouldn't it work? At about 2.10 sussed Real Player was needed. Used the link to the Real site and downloaded the 8.37mb free player....took nearly 40 mins. Another 10mins doing the install and registration....damm, HJ spot over and now we're on the military antiques.

Oh well next week.

David
Re: LBC today - Lee H
That was quite a substantial plug for the backroom, HJ, made me laugh - hope it brings more visitors and some sponsorship too.

Good to hear the big shout-outs to Mark, Ian & Growler, we're all very showbiz now!

Not only have I put some faces to names this week, but now a voice to HJ. Are there no secrets left :-)

Lee.

PS - Stuart, as Mark says, you need realplayer, find the free version. I've just installed it and it's worth it for annabelle the sheep alone.
Re: LBC today - ian (cape town)
i sincerely hope that HJ's next foreign legion mention includes Andy Bairsto, Eleanor the martin shooter and Randolph Lee! ;>)
Unfortunately I was working today, so missed the broadcast. :>(
Re: LBC today - DBE
Sorry chaps?
Where is LBC, I live in the Deep South, (just inside M25 J9/10) I tried on 97.3 is that the wrong frequency?
DBE
Re: LBC today - nick aka marvin
You need medium wave ie AM to obtain LBC 1152 and this may fade somewhat if you are too far from the Londond transmitter. Generally can't get it as one approaches the S. Coast. FM 97.3 is the news only channel for ITN, I believe.
Re: LBC today - BobH
I was listening until about 2:40pm when the sound broke up. No other websites running. Did anyone else have the same problem?BobH
Re: LBC today - Pat
Yes, I tuned in today on the net for the first time and lost the signal at about that time. I came out of real player and went back in and it was fine.(don't ask me why!). Didn't manage to catch all the prog but it seemed interesting. Annoying ad breaks.

I don't know why but I imagined HJ's voice to be different from the one I heard today! I'm not sure what I expected but he was more softly spoken than I'd anticipated.

Pat
Re: LBC today - nick aka marvin
HJ has got a soft voice which makes a change from the hectoring voice of Jon Briggs who is on-air, earlier in the day with Fevzi Turkalp, when they talk about computer matters between 12 - 1.00pm every Saturday morning.
Re: LBC today - Flat in Fifth
real player installed working OK, thanks chaps, should have twigged earlier. doh!
Re: LBC today - Honest John
Actually, Nick, I managed to get on Jon Brigg's programme too by solving a computer problem for someone from my car on the way to LBC*. Mind you, this was the one and only time I ever managed to solve a computer problem for someone else, and only because it was solved for me the previous week.

HJ

* Yes, of course I stopped and parked up in a layby in order to do so.
1152 AM, I think. Isn`t 97.3 an associated News Channel, but not actually LBC.

I live in Rio, what do I know ?
Re: LBC today - DBE
Mark
More than me, it would seem!
DBE