What is life like with your car? Let us know and win £500 in John Lewis vouchers | No thanks
honda crv. vibrates through pwr steering - ingram
problems with vibration through the power steering.
dealer says all is ok i have serious doubts
honda crv - Dynamic Dave
Are the front wheels balanced?
honda crv - Deskpilot
You don't say which model Honda CRV is giving you cause for concern.

The original CRV was sold from 1997 and the following version from 2002. The current model dates from 2005.

Regardless of the model, however, I have never experienced any sort of vibration through the the steering column in any of the three models quoted. I still have the 2005 version.

From my experience, however, my current car, having 16" wheels sometimes gives the impression over irregular surfaces that the front wheels are doing their own thing and moving in slightly different directions. There is also a bit of "wander" from time to time.

I suggest you take the car to a reputable tyre sales firm and have each wheel checked for balance and steering alignment.

Good luck!
honda crv - ingram
the crv is the latest model but petrol the problem apears to be in the power steering I appreciate the comments concerning wheel balance but that is not the problem car going in to dealers tomorrow for full check. many thanks for replying to my query.

the wandering bit you mentioned is i beleive the softness of the tyres .

the early crv did have problem with steering and some cars were scrapped i hope not mine
honda crv - Deskpilot
Good luck at the dealers. I would be most interested to hear how you get on.

If this matter is still unresolved, I suggest you telephone Honda Customer Services in Slough.

Their number is: 01753 590760

honda crv - ingram
two year old crv with severe vibration on full lock left and right at very low speeds through the powersteering can anyone help dealer in spain will not recognise problem

{Moved to your original question as relates to the same problem - DD}
honda crv - yorkiebar
Is it only on absoloute full lock? On near full lock it is ok ?

Any other descriptions would help?

Mileage, other repairs recently etc?
honda crv - ingram
hi yorkie bar the problem starts before full locks mileage is 35km no other repairs only very poor economy at the early stage which was finally diagnosed as faulty sensor in the exhaust see grase monkey reply very informative
honda crv - grease monkey
hi,ingram,is the vibration you have on full lock felt just through the steering wheel or through the whole car ? i suspect that the symptons you are describing are classic crv creaking rear diff noise(common problem here in the uk),this noise from the rear diff is only heard at very slow speeds like parking etc when in full lock and vibration/creaking noise is felt through the whole vehicle, i wonder if this is what you are experiencing ?,the multi plate clutch pack within the rear diff gets contaminated ,the problem can be usually cured by flushing the diff fluid 3 times,in really bad cases the clutch pack will have to be replaced.
any more info you could post might help !
honda crv - ingram
hi grease monkey i think you have hit the nail on the head here it is getting worse and is now being felt throughout the whole vehicle asmazing this quite common but not listed as a fault on honest johns whats bad
or any other sites many thanks for your help i shall take this info to the dealership.
the name is mike thanks
ingram,you proberbly would`nt find this on any other websites,it is the subject of several honda technical service bulletins which would only be available to dealers within the honda network,if youe dealer is unaware of this problem a quick phonecall to honda technical should enlighten them !!! i wpuld be interested to know how you get on at the dealership,if you could post again when you get it sorted that would be good...
--
if it aint broke don`t fix it
honda crv - ingram
hi grease monkey i have written to honda service here in spain with your full details translated they sorted out a problem for me before i will let you know the result
honda crv - Aprilia
If its chatter from the LSD then a change of lubricant may well help - or the addition of some LubeGuard LSD additive.
If its chatter from the LSD then a change of lubricant
may well help - or the addition of some LubeGuard LSD
additive.

aprillia,there is no limited slip diff in the back of a crv,the clutch pack i refered to in an earlier post is the mechanical system that honda use to switch the crv between 2 & 4 wheel drive,briefly the unit comprises of a pair of oil pumps and a multi plate clutch pack (just like a motorbike clutch),the rear pump is driven from the rear wheels & the front pump is driven from the front wheels via a propshaft,in normal driving the diff lubricant is pumped from one pump to the other and back again,when wheel slippage is apparent the front pump pumps more oil than the rear pump can receive & is diverted to engage the clutch pack which then transmits drive to the rear wheels untill all wheel speeds are equal then it reverts back to front wheel drive. The problem with the creaking noise/vibration occurs when the clutch plates in the diff become contaminated & as a first fix measure a diff flush is carried out which usually cures the problem !
--
if it aint broke don`t fix it
Honda CRV steering Noise - ingram
I want to thank grease monkey for the reply and help I wrote to The Honda service dept and they arranged to have the car sorted I still am not certain what they did but I quoted your reply verbatum in spanish translation and the job got done Many thank Ingram