What is life like with your car? Let us know and win £500 in John Lewis vouchers | No thanks
Running costs, Accord coupe versus IS200 - GenevaJohn
I'm looking at 'nice' second-hand japanese cars,5 or 6 years old, and like the Honda Accord coupe (3 litre ones are quite cheap where I live)and Lexus IS200s. They're both suprisingly cheap to insure (not much more than my Punto believe or not)and I'm willing to take the hit on petrol costs as my mileage isn't great (about 15000 kms per year).

Does any one have any comments on long term costs for servicing and repairs. (I'm thinking of Alfa-Romeo threads where 156's have been described as 'bottomless money pits - no offence to you Alfa-ists).

Basically, I don't have much money, but I can buy and insure one of these relativley cheaply - it's what comes next I'm worried about. I've only ever owned ^basic^cars, and I have a fear of going to a main dealer to have a widget changed and being told 'that's only 10 grand sir, cheap at the price I'd say'.

Anyone have experience of these cars getting older and taken to high mileages ??

Thanks