What is life like with your car? Let us know and win £500 in John Lewis vouchers | No thanks
Mitsubishi batteries - alvin booth
A neighbour of mine has a Pajero import from Japan.
he was telling me today that it has two 12 volt batteries under the bonnet but dosn't understand why.
He has had the Shogun before but this only had the one battery.
Anyone tell me why!!
alvin
Re: Mitsubishi batteries - Tomo
Are we quite sure it is not two sixes in series?

If not, could there be two separate 12V systems, one for vehicle essentials and another for ancillaries - something like a radio system, so that flattening that battery does not immobilise the vehicle; that has certainly been effected by one radio amateur around here?
Re: Mitsubishi batteries - alvin booth
Tomo, He tells me that they are both 12v. he has tried to follow the cables but they disappear down below.
His handbook is in Japanese so he gets no help there.
Both batteries are the same make and manufacturer fitted.
I will have a look at them tomorrow.
Alvin
Re: Mitsubishi batteries - Dave N
Most big diesel 4X4's have twin batteries for starting. Everything runs off one battery, except the starter, that runs off both. Not sure if it runs 24volt starting or not.

If you buy one of those micky mouse 4X4's, you only get one.
Re: Mitsubishi batteries - Brian
Most power boats have the same sort of system so that a fully charged battery is always available for starting.
Push-starting a boat is not an option!
Re: Mitsubishi batteries - Andy Bairsto
or a plane
Re: Mitsubishi batteries - Simon
It is most likely that it has two 12v batteries in wired in parallel which is essentially the same as having one huge 12v battery. A few big diesels have twin batteries to cope with the huge drain on the electrical power when starting and I would bet that this is why.