What is life like with your car? Let us know and win £500 in John Lewis vouchers | No thanks
And the survey says.... - carl_a
Auto Express had releases a few comments about their Driver Power 2006 survey (lots in the magazine I'm sure)

www.autoexpress.co.uk/news/65609/driver_power_2006...l

Just a few things that most of us already know (and some of us act on when selecting a car):

11 of the 12 most reliable cars are Japanese

nine of the 11 models suffering from the most mechanical breakdowns are from French and Italian marques, most unreliable is the Peugeot 307.

Lexus is best manufacturer but Honda has 3 out of the 4 most reliable models.

Skoda has done well and Kia has a model in the top 10.
And the survey says.... - Stuartli
So absolutely nothing new there then...:-)

No doubt the VW Group's showing will be ignored by those who seem to enjoy a bigoted view of the company...
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
What\'s for you won\'t pass you by
And the survey says.... - Xileno {P}
I still maintain that the quality of your dealer accounts for a huge amount.

I can never understand why VW come out comparitively poorly yet Skoda do comparitively well. Yet as we all know, Skodas are VW's with different clothes on.
And the survey says.... - cheddar
Skoda do comparitively well. Yet as we all know, Skodas are
VW's with different clothes on.

It is a matter of expectations, people expect more of a VW so when they dont get it they are disatisfied, they expect less of a Skoda so are more likely to be satisfied.
And the survey says.... - carl_a
It is a matter of expectations, people expect more of a
VW so when they dont get it they are disatisfied, they
expect less of a Skoda so are more likely to be
satisfied.

Can you explain to me then how one manufacturer had the best and worst cars in one particular class of the JD Power survey last year ? Same dealers and the same brand !
And the survey says.... - Gromit {P}
Xileno: Skoda do comparitively well. Yet as we all know, Skodas
are VW's with different clothes on.

Cheddar: It is a matter of expectations, people expect more of a
VW so when they dont get it they are disatisfied, they expect
less of a Skoda so are more likely to be satisfied.

Skodas may be VW's sensible sisters, but having had two of them in the family, I'm inclined to agree with the theory that Skoda are more particular about quality control than VW are. They had to be, given the diabolical reputation Skoda had when their products first crossed the iron curtain.

I'm not convinced Skoda owners expect less - they may not expect to be pampered as they might be in, say, a MB dealership, but most buy with their own money and surely expect the car to be reliable and cheap to run (both factors that rate highly in the Auto Express survey). And many came to the brand like the Gromit clan, replacing a jalopy, which tends to make a buyer even less tolerant of poor build quality!
And the survey says.... - Shaz {p}
Skoda /VW/ / seat audi issue.

Probably down to experience at Skoda dealers. Skoda/ seat dealers
probably charge the least along with Seat, and probably go out of their way to help, which judging by posts on forums by owners of vw / audis goes a long way on how they are scored.
I suspect that it is not just the owners of VW's and Audis that still believe the hype of their own brands.
And the survey says.... - L'escargot
....... most unreliable is the Peugeot

On the right hand side of the page there are 5 adverts for 307s. I would have put my advert in some other publication!
--
L\'escargot.
And the survey says.... - oldtoffee
Skoda do comparitively well. Yet as we all know, Skodas are
VW's with different clothes on.

I had a Passat for 3 years, only went wrong once and VW Assist came out and fixed it within the hour. But, every time it went in to the dealer for servicing they either tried to overcharge me for work that didn't need doing or they broke something - engine cover, windscreen, bent bonnet. They loved confrontation and they got it with me. I would never buy another new VW.

I now run a Skoda Fabia vRS bought 6 months ago. I have found Skoda dealers, sales and service to be helpful, professional, courteous and competent - all lacking qualities in VW dealers. Our local Skoda dealer services my vRS and my colleagues Galaxy and Passat TDi's - £55 an hour and they're very good at it.