Cheap Garmin Satnav - v8man
I have just purchased a Garmin i3 satnav from Staples for the princely sum of £119! What a bargain. It does most of what the more expensive units do. Just the ticket as I don't need the bells and whistles.
--
\"Nothing less than 8 cylinders will do\"
Cheap Garmin Satnav - mrmender
Yes i've got one too but i was watching the price just before Christmas our local Kwik Save had them at 149.99 i was tempted went to the inlaws near Gt Yarmouth & woolworths had them at 144.95 so got one then last week saw the staples advert! Drat! but i'm very pleased with it cant go wrong for the price
Cheap Garmin Satnav - storme
in yesterdays SUN newspaper was an advert for halfords....
sat nav for £99.sure it was a garmin
--
www.storme.co.uk
Cheap Garmin Satnav - Dynamic Dave
in yesterdays SUN newspaper was an advert for halfords.... sat nav for £99.sure it was a garmin

The Halfords advert had it listed at £129 in The Sun and a couple of other tabloids. Same price as on their online website.
Cheap Garmin Satnav - colinh
Computer Shopper recently commented about the i3 as follows:

"Navigating with the i3 is a very frustrating experience. Even though the small display clearly shows your route and the distance to the next turn, the software updates so slowly that we often missed the next turning before the i3 had updated to show the previous turn, making it useless in town.

Garmin's Streetpilot i3 is very cheap and beautifully designed, but the navigation software runs too slowly to be much use at tricky junctions"

Have either of you found this to be a problem?

Cheap Garmin Satnav - mrmender
As i've never used any sat nav before i can't compare but you do have to be on the ball as to where you are ie keep looking at the display map arrow (mrmm job!)
Cheap Garmin Satnav - jlo
I have just bought one from Maplin a few weeks ago with speed camera database for £150.

I am very imprssed with it. When ordering my Golf GTI I thought do I want to pay £1500 odd pounds for satnav or couple of £100. Does the job.

Cheers

Jlo
Cheap Garmin Satnav - David Horn
I looked at the Garmin, but thought the lack of touchscreen would drive me (sorry) up the wall, so went with a TomTom One instead. My dad now uses the One, and I have Navigator installed on my Pocket PC.
Cheap Garmin Satnav - Doyle
"Garmin's Streetpilot i3 is very cheap and beautifully designed, but the navigation software runs too slowly to be much use at tricky junctions"

Have either of you found this to be a problem?"

I've been using the i3 since October and have not noticed this to be a problem. I paid £200 for it back then and feel even at that price, it was an absolute bargain in comparison to any of the Tom Tom units.

Doyle
Cheap Garmin Satnav - sierraman
They must have had a problem with that particular unit.I have been using one for a couple of months now and have found it to be very useful.You do have to look at the screen for the street name,input is a pain to start with but you get used to it.My two gripes are difficulty accessing volume when driving,you have to stop to do it safely,and it trying to predict your destination,from no information,during which time you cannot input.It is also a bit odd how it suggests a string of numbers for street names.I paid £160 for mine and thought it good value.
Cheap Garmin Satnav - Peter S
I bought an i3 before last November for use in our Megane and have had no problems with it at all. I don't find the screen size an issue, and don't miss the touch screen functionality since the BMW system doesn't have it either!

Like all satnav, actually inputting/changing things on the move is distracting and not to be encouraged, but if you set it up before you go it's fine. The only area where it is significantly worse than the set-up in my 535d is the time it takes to find the satellites; the BMW seems almost instantaneous (maybe becuause of the built in ariel?); the i3 can take 30 seconds or so

It even worked much further into France than I expected, though the further south I went the less detail was present...major roads were present down to Reims.

For the £169 I paid I can't fault it, and at £119 it's a steal.
Cheap Garmin Satnav - cheddar
Not into satnav though garmin produce great stuff pocket GPS etc.